February 2012 Moms

First birthday! Thinking ahead!

I am SO excited for Emma's first birthday! I know she won't remember the party, but it's more for us than it is for her.

Are y'all planning on doing a big birthday party? Big for us means, all our family and friends, so around 30-40 people, it'll be at my IL's house...it's huge.

I think we're doing a Lady Bug theme. 

What, if any, have y'all come up with for the first b-day?

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com

Re: First birthday! Thinking ahead!

• We're doing a ladybug theme, too! We're having two small celebrations, but I would love to hear what you come up with!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • i cannot wait for lil A's first birthday! I've been planning (mostly i mean pinning!) for months. We will probably have a medium-sized party. I'm guessing 25-ish people. Mostly family & some of our friends. I think we will just have the party at our house, but i'm not 100% sure on that yet.

I love the ladybug theme! That would be adorable. I am doing a ballerina theme, people would probably be shocked if i didn't. Her nursery is ballet-themed and we call her "avalina ballerina" so it just makes sense! plus, i've found some great ideas on pinterest! and it's so easy to make the tulle no-sew tutus, that is what i'm going to do as my favor for the kids. as well as lace crowns i found on pinterest. i am so excited!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepinkshades05:
    We're doing a ladybug theme, too! We're having two small celebrations, but I would love to hear what you come up with!

I haven't come up with much. 

https://pinterest.com/kellym409/birthday-ideas/

Just pinned a couple. 

I think  I will just have a bunch of black and red balloons. The cake that I have pinned, I think I can make...if not I will have it made for us. haha and we will probably buy an adorable tutu outfit on Etsy.

Lady bug outfit

But that's all I have for now (: 

imageimage

Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
  • imageamber31288:

i cannot wait for lil A's first birthday! I've been planning (mostly i mean pinning!) for months. We will probably have a medium-sized party. I'm guessing 25-ish people. Mostly family & some of our friends. I think we will just have the party at our house, but i'm not 100% sure on that yet.

I love the ladybug theme! That would be adorable. I am doing a ballerina theme, people would probably be shocked if i didn't. Her nursery is ballet-themed and we call her "avalina ballerina" so it just makes sense! plus, i've found some great ideas on pinterest! and it's so easy to make the tulle no-sew tutus, that is what i'm going to do as my favor for the kids. as well as lace crowns i found on pinterest. i am so excited!

Sounds adorable! 

imageimage

• I don't have any big birthday plans yet...but I just wanted to say that your new siggy pictures are adorable!  They were too cute not to comment!
  • imageEmmaBoBemma:

imagepinkshades05:
    We're doing a ladybug theme, too! We're having two small celebrations, but I would love to hear what you come up with!

Just pinned a couple. 

I think  I will just have a bunch of black and red balloons. The cake that I have pinned, I think I can make...if not I will have it made for us. haha and we will probably buy an adorable tutu outfit on Etsy.

Lady bug outfit

love the ladybug outfit! have you tried making those tutus yourself? they are incredibly easy & take me less than a half hour from start to finish now that i got the hang of it. it would save you tons on that cute lil outfit :)

• I have no idea where we'll have it, but we're doing either a Dr. Seuss or Mustache theme.
  • I am super excited for his birthday already, even though it's 5 months away!  I figure I can at least get started on the invites in about 3 months!

I am planning on doing a 'winter ONEderland' theme...I already have my little sister on board to make blue velvet cupcakes with white chocolate snowflake toppers for the guests :-)  I am going to do everything in blues, reds, silvers, and white, with snowmen, penguins, snowflakes, etc.  I haven't done any real planning though other than choosing the theme...we will probably invite about 50 adults + their kids (close family & friends), but I only expect maybe 30-35 of that to come.  (At least I hope since our house isn't THAT big)! 

IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageEmmaBoBemma:

Just pinned a couple. 

Lady bug outfit

Here is what I have:

https://pinterest.com/pinkshades05/nat-s-first-birthday/

I'm going to do a pink ladybug theme, so I have ideas with both pink and red but they are definitely interchangeable. I love the little tutu! I think I'm going to make one for Nat as well!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We'll have a big party. I have a huge family and birthdays are a big deal so it will be a big deal for Asher. I love planning parties.

We're going to do either a dump truck or tractor theme..I haven't decided yet but I'm having fun looking for ideas!

• We're also doing a big party. I love entertaining, and we have a good size family.

We're doing a penguin theme:

https://pinterest.com/ashleylind411/audrey-s-1st-birthday/

< img width=300 src="http://tinyurl.com/as97yc8"1" /> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am a super crazy planner! We are having a party at our house circus themed for about 40ish people, mostly family but some very close friends as well. I just want him to be able to look back at pictures and see his first birthday and hopefully appreciate how crazy of a planner his momma is Wink

• We are!! For us parties are always big, with our family only, is at least 35 40 people because my Mom has 5 brothers/sisters and then including all my cousins from my aunts/uncles! That's not including friends! We rented a club house because the weather worries me and I would like for everyone to be comfortable. DS is also the first grandbaby and the first great grandbaby to my dads side so there is no way they would let me live it down if I wanted to do something small! But I'm excited as all birthday parties in our family have been huge and great and I can't wait to start that with ds!!!
  • Birthdays were never lavish or over the top for DH and I so we want to make sure Eli gets awesome parties. We're doing a Monster Bash first birthday and I'm already getting started with making the invites.

Eli's Monster Bash

ETA: I made it sound like we never had parties. We did, but they were mostly just with friends from school and we'd go bowling or just hang out at our houses. For the first part of Eli's life, I want him to have themed fun parties until he's ready to choose a bowling or roller rink party himself.

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • imageLawren:
    I have no idea where we'll have it, but we're doing either a Dr. Seuss or Mustache theme.

Mustache was a close second! DH veto'd it. But here's the link to the site where I was going to get his stuff from.

Mustache 1st Birthday

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • I have already planned my son's party.  We are doing Dr. Suess theme.  With the Cat in the Hat, the Fish and the Gringch.  In my culture (I'm Latina) first birthday's are big.  We'll likely have 50-75 people.  I cannot wait!!!   

I'm actually booking the venue next week, I hope the weather is good.  It always rains in February here in So Cal. 

• We are going big! And we have planned a super hero theme. I have already started crafting and planning :). We are going to do all different super heros and I'm going to make Gabe a cute superhero style outfit.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP # 1 - June 2nd, 2011 - EDD Feb 5, 2012 Birthday Feb 10, 2012 BFP # 2 - Jan 19, 2012 - EDD Sept 24, 2013 - CP Jan 24, 2012
  • imagejldubb0626:

imageLawren:
    I have no idea where we'll have it, but we're doing either a Dr. Seuss or Mustache theme.

Mustache was a close second! DH veto'd it. But here's the link to the site where I was going to get his stuff from.

Mustache 1st Birthday

Thanks!

• imagepinkshades05:
    imageEmmaBoBemma:

Just pinned a couple. 

Lady bug outfit

Here is what I have:

https://pinterest.com/pinkshades05/nat-s-first-birthday/

I'm going to do a pink ladybug theme, so I have ideas with both pink and red but they are definitely interchangeable. I love the little tutu! I think I'm going to make one for Nat as well!

Cute! I can't believe our LO's are going to be one....in 5 or 6 months. haha

imageimage

• We will be having two medium-sized parties. (About 20 people each.) DH and I have gone round and round but he thinks that having a big party means people won't get quality time with Paul. I think my MIL must have said something about not wanting to do it together. Anyhow, we are having a Very Hungy Caterpillar theme.

• We are also doing a lady bug theme! I'm so excited - I've been scanning pinterest daily for cool ideas! We will be having multiple parties because of our big family. And it really is more for me than for her lol! I'm making invites with wings that pull back and lady bug cupcakes!!!
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• I've already been pinning sock monkey themed ideas!!

• First, I LOVE the mustache theme..it would be adorable!... I am SO excited to share our theme because except for DH, it'll be a surprise for everyone we know IRL. But I love it and am so excited to talk about it! DS is named Alex, so we're doing Alex in ONEderland, with hearts, eat me/drink me flags, a Cheshire cat smash cake, a mini Mad Hatter hat for Alex, etc. The best part? It'll be right after Valentine's Day, so lots of cheap heart themed stuff and candy!
    someecards.com - Honey, can you pick up Pizza? I've been busy pinning nutritious recipes for our family all day.
  • Hello other baby Alex ^ ^ ^ We are doing Dinosaur theme or Dino-mite! We are having a small party of just 15 guests. Clostest family and friends with children.
  • lol i don't know about his 1st birthday yet,but i'm already planning a trip to disney world when he is 2. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"