July 2012 Moms
Options

Daycare- how long is a day?

I start work part-time from home next week, and in the weeks following, we'll be easing LO into his daycare a few days a week (he starts full time at the end of October).  How long of a day does your baby spend at the daycare?  I'm trying to figure out the schedule with my husband.  I work a regular 9-5 and my husband has a somewhat flexible internship at a church that he seems insistent on stretching out to as many hours as possible.  We were talking last night and he was thinking he'd drop the baby off around 8:30 and pick him up around 5:30.  That sounded like such a long time Sad  Particularly since his daily schedule is flexible!  Why not take the baby in a little later, or pick him up earlier?  Why the insistence on being at the office all day every day when he will also be doing work on nights and weekends?  He's really getting on my nerves.  Ok, vent over, do share!

EDIT: I should say that the daycare is a little ways via public transit from both our house (40 mins or so) and my husband's office (30 mins or so from the daycare to my husband's office).  So some of the time is built in for travel...

Re: Daycare- how long is a day?

• Options
    As a previous daycare worker that sounds pretty typical to me, maybe even a little short. Most kids are dropped off sometime between 7 and 8 and picked up between 5 and 6.

• Options
    Thanks, I figured it was probably in the range of normal. I suppose I'm more just annoyed at my husband, lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

crap... we are supposed to transition them?  eeek!

we are going to drop off around 7:45 and pick up at 5:30.  me both times.  poo. 

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• Options
    imageJustcallmeGG2:

crap... we are supposed to transition them?  eeek!

Oh, not that I know of; it just works out because I'm transitioning back to work.  I'm part-time at home for a few weeks (about 7) and then I go back to the office full-time.  Let's be the honest, the transition is for ME; I'm sure he'll be fine even if I'm a mess!

• Options
    Mine will be 10 hours a day... 7:30am-5:30am. It kills me, it's so long. My daycare provider will spend more time with her than I will (during the days). I feel I'm going to miss so much, it isn't fair. DD is going to stay there for a 1/2 day the week before to meet her and spend some time there, before being away from me 10 hours all of a sudden and taking bottles all day. And I don't think that is enough either. I'm dreading this.
    imageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    Our LO will be in DC 7-5:30 most days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MH works 10-6 and I work 7:30 to 4 or 4:30, so he will take LO in at around 9, and I will pick him up around 4-4:30. But I think that is a short day compared to normal.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Options
    This will depend on where I go back to work. If it were my old clinic I'd be catching a bus at 7am, and getting off a bus at 630pm, so day care would either be be even longer than that, or LO would be catching public transport with me.
    If all goes to plan with starting a new clinic near my home daycare would be more like 815am to 530pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"