February 2013 Moms
Options

Stressed and need opinions PLEASE :

Let me start by saying I worry and stress over everything! My due date is Feb 1st. My mom and MIL really need me to pick a date for the shower. I can not do January bc of my work schedule W2's. Would you suggest December 8/9? Or November 17/18? I can not decide. I know I can't make everyone happy but I just hate stressing people out and I'm worried that December is too close to Christmas. But then is November too early for a shower? Ahhh. Yes, I know, I'm making a big deal over nothing. Maybe it's these hormones?! Opinions PLEASE. :

Re: Stressed and need opinions PLEASE :

• Options
    My SIL is considering doing mine December 1/2. I think either date would work...if it were me I'd choose December 8/9 since it's further away from Christmas than the November dates are from Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    I would go with early December.  Either way you are looking at people not wanting to come because of the holidays- that's sort of the curse of having February babies I have figured out.  Even if only two people show up at your shower you will still have fun and look at the bright side- you technically count as two guests! :) I am going with December because I feel November is too early- I don't want to feel stressed about choosing things off the registry so soon.  Don't worry, you are not crazy, and it is perfectly normal to be stressed about this kind of stuff.  Just breathe deeply and mull it over in a nice hot bubble bath. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dec 8/9 for sure. My birthday is on the 7 th and I always found it great for having my parties. It was like a kick off for the Christmas season. It is early enough people aren't feeling rushed, and they mostly would love the occasion to start to get into the party mode!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We're looking at 12/8 for our shower... Hopefully it's far enough after Thanksgiving and early enough before Christmas that my out of town relatives are able to make it!

The other nice benefit of doing it that early is hopefully you'll still have some pep and not feel (too much) like a bloated elephant! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Another vote for 12/8! Plus then whatever people notice you don't get might show up just a couple weeks later for Christmas!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    November isn't too early. It will give you plenty of time to get what you need that's left on a registry, and you won't be so big and tired that you can't enjoy the shower! December is a little close to Christmas, but most people who would be getting you something anyways won't mind shopping then.
    imageimage imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    December 8/9 is fair game. Too far away from Christmas so your friends won't be stressing yet. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think either will be great! I'm not due until feb 27th and my first shower is nov 17th. Sure my belly won't be huge, but it's the only time that will work so who cares!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My shower is Nov 10th...either date will be a perfect/fun day. Dont stress about it!
  • Options
    I agree with others -- either date should work just fine!  I had to travel far for my biggest shower so we had it when I was 30 weeks -- I didn't want to be there too late in my pregnancy.  I was big enough but not too big - and I knew exactly what all we didn't get off our registry so we could get it way in advance of DSs arrival.  It worked out great!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    Thank you everyone for your opinions :) I am so much more at ease now. Haha.
  • Options
    I was having this same issue. Due February 21 in New England. I knew January/February were pretty much out of the question for a shower, since in all likelihood there will be snow or the possibility of it. So I think my friend is going to schedule for early December, either the 8th or 9th. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageJBos82:
    I was having this same issue. Due February 21 in New England. I knew January/February were pretty much out of the question for a shower, since in all likelihood there will be snow or the possibility of it. So I think my friend is going to schedule for early December, either the 8th or 9th. :)

Same here with the weather! I'm outside of Boston and who knows if we'll have a blizzard every week this winter?! (We had one last year on Halloween). My shower is the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so I think either date is just fine! No stress! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"