March 2012 Moms

stupid teeth!

Poor baby has literally been teething since 3 months! drooling, chewing on everything, fussiness, crying lots, uncomfortable. I feel so bad for him. Last month he went a couple weeks with lost of appetite and then got a cold. Same thing going on this week. He doesn't have any cold symptoms or fever...but he just doesn't want to eat! He went from drinking 6oz bottle and having 2oz of solids (at breakfast and lunch) every 3 hrs to drinking 2oz of milk, and eating .5oz to 1oz solid..sometimes is skip bottle altogether and will only eat solid and he will go 4-5hours without eating =(

He still having regular diaper changes...so I know he is alright. But when are these teeth going to come out! feel so bad for him..i try to soothe him as much as i can. i loves the mesh teether with frozen apple puree

did your LOs get a tooth yet? when did they finally come out? anything you think I should do about him not eating much?

thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage

Re: stupid teeth!

• Aww your poor little guy!  Teething has been pretty miserable here too, and no teeth in sight!

I remember reading somewhere (maybe WTE The First Year..?) that sucking can cause the teething pain to be worse which is what causes the loss of appetite.  I'd think as long as he's still having a normal amount of wet/dirty diapers and doesn't seem hungry, he's probably okay.  If the decreased appetite persists, you might want to just check with your pedi, but since he's not showing any signs of dehydration or other issues, I'd think he's probably okay.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • imageKrsCrp83:

Aww your poor little guy!  Teething has been pretty miserable here too, and no teeth in sight!

I remember reading somewhere (maybe WTE The First Year..?) that sucking can cause the teething pain to be worse which is what causes the loss of appetite.  I'd think as long as he's still having a normal amount of wet/dirty diapers and doesn't seem hungry, he's probably okay.  If the decreased appetite persists, you might want to just check with your pedi, but since he's not showing any signs of dehydration or other issues, I'd think he's probably okay.

yes I did read that to, sucking causes them pain when teething, I notice he definitely does better with solids. So I told my sitter to try and give him purees after every bottle, if he only drink 2-3oz....but if he is drink 4-6oz, then only solids for bfast and lunch. Last month when he lost his appetite, pedi said I could give him pedilyte, she said to give him a couple oz once or twice a day so he wouldn't get dehydrated.  but he is having enough wet diapers...I just feel bad for him. I know he's uncomfortable. He's pretty happy baby over all...but he fights and fuss when it's feeding time now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • DD cut her two bottom teeth on Wed and Thurs last week.  

As far as the eating, if it went on for more than two days I would put a call in to the pedi.   DD sometimes does this and then the next day eats jut fine.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you havent tried them yet go find some Hyland teething tablets... those things are awesome and came highly recommended by some moms at work... I ended up buying them when we were out one day when LO had a melt down because they were causing him so much grief... and I think we have the next two on the way already.  We've only had to use Tylenol a couple of times ... I avoid that unless I really run out of options.

... my poor  ( * ) ( * ) ers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"