February 2013 Moms
Options

How do you know if it's gas or kicking?

So I've been thinking I feel the baby move because it seems to always be in the lower left part of my belly so I keep thinking that must be it! (I'm 17wks) but then I won't feel it for awhile or I'll feel it somewhere totally different like way up top the the right of my belly and I'm sure the baby can't spread out THAT much but what do I know? 

I'm just wondering how you can tell it's the baby moving and not just random stomach gas movements because I was CONVINCED it was the baby but then I haven't felt it for awhile and the doctor says you don't usually feel it till like 20wks but ladies on here have felt it so how do you know?  

Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com

Re: How do you know if it's gas or kicking?

• Options
    Haha! I have the same question! I told DH I felt something last night, but he told me it was gas and to go to sleep...haha...but it felt more like something was very lightly tickling me from the inside and then it felt like a tiny little tap or a bubble popped.  I have no idea whether it was gas or LO, but I think it is so much more fun to pretend it was LO.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Options
    At first, it's almost impossible to tell the difference.. In a few weeks, the *kicks* will become more distinct and regular, and then you'll know. Smile

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you fart shortly afterward, it was probably gas. 
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LOL if you fart you'll know haha Well at least we'll KNOW at some point. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com
  • Options

imageJumpAroundBucky:
    If you fart shortly afterward, it was probably gas. 

LMFAO Wink

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    I've been writing all of what could be kicks off to gas until today when it felt a little bit different. I'm counting today's as the baby kicking, kinda felt like a tickle and a bubble popping (thats the best way to describe it)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagejessicalgilmore:
    Haha! I have the same question! I told DH I felt something last night, but he told me it was gas and to go to sleep...haha...but it felt more like something was very lightly tickling me from the inside and then it felt like a tiny little tap or a bubble popped.  I have no idea whether it was gas or LO, but I think it is so much more fun to pretend it was LO.

That's exactly what the first movement from DD felt like. I kept describing it as someone flicking me from the inside or like a bubble had popped. With her, I really only felt it if I was sitting at my desk leaning forward - then I would feel it along my pant line. It was around 18ish weeks and the first distinctive kick was after 20 weeks.

I haven't felt any movement from this one yet.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    When I have gas, I fart so I know it's not gas. I started feeling little tickles when I lay on my stomach around 15 weeks. They kept telling me it was too early, but when I went in for my gender determination ultrasound this past weekend, the tech said, "My god, he's active! No wonder you feel him!" lol   Now I'm 17 weeks and the tickles are a bit stronger and I'm starting to feel then when I'm on my side and back, so I know they're baby and not gas.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imagejessicalgilmore:

This is exactly what I was feeling last night!  Of course, just as I was trying to go to sleep.  I'm pretty sure it was the baby, because it definitely felt different from gas, and I didn't fart afterwards. ;-)  Also, it went on for quite awhile.  With the previous "maybe it's movement, maybe it's gas" it would be one quick sensation and gone, and usually in a different location - along the top or sides of my abdomen - whereas this time it was right at the front, smack in the middle of where my uterus should be.  So exciting!

• Options
    It feel like someone poking or tapping you when they're this small.  Yours sounds like kicking to me.
  • Options
    imagekelly321:

imagejessicalgilmore:

That's exactly what the first movement from DD felt like. I kept describing it as someone flicking me from the inside or like a bubble had popped. With her, I really only felt it if I was sitting at my desk leaning forward - then I would feel it along my pant line. It was around 18ish weeks and the first distinctive kick was after 20 weeks.

I haven't felt any movement from this one yet.

I have felt that exact same sensation that you ladies described! It's only happened a couple of times and the first time I was eating a donut! Haha! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    I've felt a very distinct "rolling" in my lower right abdomen down where I always catch LOs heartbeat. If I put my hand over that area it is very hard and defined. I was surprised with how strong a feeling it is and was expecting something totally different (flutters, tickles, bubbles). 

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"