September 2011 Moms
Options

Plugged duct

So I made it almost a year without any issues of this kind.
I started feeling a little sore yesterday evening and by the time I went to bed, there was a big lump. Then I spent most of the night with the chills and body aches...so I'm guessing it might have developed into mastitis. And I have to leave for work in 30 min so I won't be able to BF a bunch like I'm supposed to.
I'm glad Life thinks this is a good time to take another dump on me.
8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
"Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
~Dr. Suess
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Plugged duct

• Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that! I hope that it clears up quickly, and you feel better! I haven't had any problems of that sort **knocks on wood** but I could imagine it would be super painful! Good luck!

HP super sirius

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Ughh, I'm sorry!!

Do you have a pump you can take with you to work? If so, I would bring that and a heating pad. Use the heating pad on it for a few minutes before pumping, then while pumping, massage the area kinda pushing it down to where your nipple is to try to get the block out. It will hurt but it helps in the long run.

Good luck and feel better soon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    P.S. I don't know if you work near a health store but goldenseal is supposed to really help as well.
  • Options
    Uggh that sucks. I agree, take a pump to work and see if you can work on it a little with that. When you get home take a shower as hot as you can stand and massage it. Plugged ducts are terrible. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Oh no, I'm sorry :(  I hope you can get relief soon.
  • Options
    imageMalin22000:
    P.S. I don't know if you work near a health store but goldenseal is supposed to really help as well.

I actually work at a hospital, so I'll check it out. Thanks!

And thanks, ladies. I have my trusty pump, but it's hard for me to pump as much as I should. At least my coworkers are understanding! One brought me a heating packet so hopefully that'll help. And I got a dr appt tomorrow! Lotsa fun.
    8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
    ~Dr. Suess
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"