February 2013 Moms
Options

STM: Q about full-panel maternity clothes

Another maternity clothes question! I'm hoping some STMs can chime in with their experience.

When, exactly, do full-panel maternity clothes fit comfortably/appropriately? I am just now not fitting into my work clothes but don't have a bump that would hold up a full-sized panel.

In the interest of not having to buy demi panel and then transition to full panel, can the panel be folded over until you're big enough to warrant using it all? I bought a pair of jeans and black work pants from Gap with the demi panel and they are comfortable for now. Did you wear them for your whole pregnancy or did they not stay up/provide enough coverage with a pronounced bump?

Thanks!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STM: Q about full-panel maternity clothes

• Options
    I fold it over until I t fits right or it gets cold and I want an extra layer.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I hate demi panels because they give me a huge muffin top. I like that I can adjust the height with a full panel folded over.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i just purchased maternity pants this weekend. I am still small in the bump area and found the full panel pair i purchased to be comfy and stayed up. I got two others that are demi and am finding the pair im wearing today (demi) is just a little tight and uncomfortable and can see the whole "muffin top" happening as i get bigger like the other PP said.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

You can fold it over, but you might be surprised at how well it stays up already.

I HATE demi. Ugh. They put pressure on the belly and give funky muffin top belly. Ick. Hate.

• Options
    It stays up (appropriately) once you get a noticeable bump. Then, once you get to the end (and you are huge) the panel falls a lot (cause you are just too big). So...mid second trimester/beginning of third is the best time for the panel.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

imagebeanersmommy:
    It stays up (appropriately) once you get a noticeable bump. Then, once you get to the end (and you are huge) the panel falls a lot (cause you are just too big). So...mid second trimester/beginning of third is the best time for the panel.

This. I would just get the full panel though and skip the demi panel; just fold it over. I think they're comfier and they look better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all of this helpful advice! I was scared of the full panel but now see how it can work throughout pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love the full panel vs. the demi panel.  I don't think the under the bump kind are comfortable at all.  I just roll the top down like a belly band until my bump is big enough to hold them up.  As long as they fit well in the butt area, they shouldn't be falling off you even though the top is rolled down.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"