January 2012 Moms

In honor of Fall - baby shoes?

LO has spent the past 3 months completely barefoot.  A few days ago the night was cool and so I tried to get some of his old socks on him.  Ha! His feet looked like little sausages. 

Now that he's crawling and cruising I'm thinking that he should have a pair of shoes for the next few months.  Something comfortable, but with some traction to help him get around. 

Suggestions?

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: In honor of Fall - baby shoes?

• What about the Carter slipper socks?  They have grips on the bottom and probably more comfortable than shoes.
    DSC_2051 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a huge Stride Rite fan.  That's all I used for DS for a while when he was just learning to stand and walk.  learning to walk bearfoot in the house is  best -- for gor going out we always had stride rite shoes.  I plan to go to stride rite for DD soon, also.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would recommend robeez too but unfortunately those are the only shoes that my children can get off.  They are supposed to be hard for kids to kick off, but quite litearlly out of all the shoes we own for the girls, robeez are the only ones they can kick off. 

I usually don't put shoes on my kids unless we are leaving the house and even then she won't be walking in them until well over a year old so I don't worry about types of shoes right now.  Anytime we are indoors where she will potentially walk for more then a couple steps (once she starts walking) she will be in just socks or barefoot anyway, so it doesn't really matter right now.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• I heard that babies shouldn't wear hard soled shoes until they are officially walking...I guess I would put DD in some soft soled ones as she really doesn't keep socks on. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We only throw shoes on her for the cuteness level on some outfits (plus they dont stay on her little feet very long). I think I will personally be holding of on actual shoes till after she is walking. sorry I dont have many suggestions

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I only put shoes one if he's going to church or something and I want him to look nice, but I did just recently buy some shoes since the cool weather is coming.  I also suggest Robeez (or the Target knock-off version).

Anniversary

• imageAMbaby:
    I heard that babies shouldn't wear hard soled shoes until they are officially walking...I guess I would put DD in some soft soled ones as she really doesn't keep socks on. :)
    This.  I used to work in a shoe store where we had pedorthists on staff.  One mentioned one time that it's healthier to let a baby go shoeless whenever you can.  Once they're walking with you outside regularly, then shoes are called for.

It won't hurt them forever if you stick some cute shoes on now though.  Don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to throw out my 2 cents.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  •  I found the perfect pair for our little sailor.

shoes

How cute are those? Maybe a bit summery, but I couldn't restrain myself. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageHuahine:

I found the perfect pair for our little sailor.

shoes

How cute are those? Maybe a bit summery, but I couldn't restrain myself. 

Cute! All my kids have warn shoes like this until they were 2-21/2. Protects the feet and still allows for proper development.

• DS can't keep socks on for more than 5 minutes.  I picked up these Robeez boots for fall/winter outings.  I'm hoping they'll stay on.  They're so adorable!

• LibraryChica and LadyAph - those are much more seasonally appropriate than the ones I picked! They look so warm and cozy.

Apparently I'm just not ready for summer to end. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"