February 2013 Moms
Options

Annoyed with co-workers.. VENT!

Ugh, its so annoying. Everything all of a sudden is blamed on me being pregnant. If, I dont hear someone they blame it on 'pregnancy brain'-- Well, maytbe you need to speak louder! If I get upset, its my hormones.. Maybe I have a valid reason to be upset. I am not trying to get away with not doing my work, so please stop telling me I act this way because Im pregnant!

Oh, and I am a first time mom, you never touched my belly before so please.. Dont touch it now. I had a belly to begin with and really you're just touching my fat and it makes me uncomfortable. Why do people do this?! I NEVER touch a pregnant woman's belly. Anyone else out there deal with this?!

Re: Annoyed with co-workers.. VENT!

• Options

The pregnancy brain thing really annoyed me.  There was this one girl that kept saying it all the time about everything and then one day I got fed up she screwed something up and I said my excuse is pregnancy brain what is yours and she hasn't said it to me again. 

The whole belly feeling thing is kinda weird. I got bothered more by my family members saying that I was getting fat because I have always been pretty skinny.  Its like no I am not getting fat I have a reason for not fitting in my jeans.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hate it when people say this. Maybe I might do something forgetful, but I'm going to own that and not blame it on the pregnancy. So far I don't feel like my brain has been affected... every other part of my body maybe, but not my brain!

No one has touched my belly, but oddly I've gotten a little peeved recently when people argue with me that I'm not really showing. I'm not, but the other day my boss was like "oh you definitely have a belly now." This right after I said I was weirded out that I was not showing. It's odd only because I WANT to be showing... so why does this piss me off? My best guess is that it's the old body conscious self going "you're calling me fat!"

But my other thing is people constantly thinking they have to do things for me because I'm pregnant. My assistant is a man and a very "chivalry is NOT dead" type of man, and so he's been trying to do perfectly safe and normal things for me ever since I told him I'm pregnant. I should be grateful -- and I know the day will come when I do need this kind of help -- but for now I feel all "I'm not sick or injured, I'm pregnant!"

Hm. Up late + can't sleep = b*tchy me!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagethesmithbaby:

Ugh, its so annoying. Everything all of a sudden is blamed on me being pregnant. If, I dont hear someone they blame it on 'pregnancy brain'-- Well, maytbe you need to speak louder! If I get upset, its my hormones.. Maybe I have a valid reason to be upset. I am not trying to get away with not doing my work, so please stop telling me I act this way because Im pregnant!

Oh, and I am a first time mom, you never touched my belly before so please.. Dont touch it now. I had a belly to begin with and really you're just touching my fat and it makes me uncomfortable. Why do people do this?! I NEVER touch a pregnant woman's belly. Anyone else out there deal with this?!

That drives me nuts, too. Sorry your coworkers suck.

As far as the touching you, I would nicely tell them once, then not so nicely if they do it again.

This is my third and I have been "showing" for weeks. It's like there is no filter in people's brains sometimes. It's my stomach, not a magic lamp that will make a genie appear when you rub it. Do not touch.  

• Options
    I have a coworker who is driving me nuts by constantly saying "aw, look at da baby belly," and yes she says "da" instead of "the". And says it in a voice of a 3 year old. Annoying! And seriously, my belly looks the same as it did when I started here 6 1/2 years ago! You've just never stared at it like you do obsessively now!
  • Options
    imagejely26:

No one has touched my belly, but oddly I've gotten a little peeved recently when people argue with me that I'm not really showing. I'm not, but the other day my boss was like "oh you definitely have a belly now." This right after I said I was weirded out that I was not showing. It's odd only because I WANT to be showing... so why does this piss me off? My best guess is that it's the old body conscious self going "you're calling me fat!"

I have this same issue--I blame it on leftover body image issues from pre-pregnancy and keep trying to remind myself that my body is doing incredible things. Sometimes I just feel chubby but I am hopeful that this feeling will pass (or my positive affirmations may eventually catch on...) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I want to punch my co-workers in the face. I work in a very relaxed environment (rock climbing gym) with 10-15 other guys who are 18-23. Not exactly the best group to be pregnant around. From the abortion jokes to the your life is over jokes, I'm about ready to punch them and walk out. 

Boo for crappy co-workers.  

K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Ugh.  That sucks.  I don't mind the pregnancy brain thing because really, if you want to blame something stupid I did on pregnancy, go right ahead. :)  I HATE people touching me though.  I don't like it when I'm not pregnant and I hate having people touch me even more while pregnant.  Hands off people!  As for people doing things for me, sigh, I had that with the first pregnancy.  It was GREAT.  The second time around, people don't seem to care as much.  I wish it all revolved around me and people helping me this time. Wink

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"