January 2013 Moms

Anyone having tailbone pain?

My hips and tailbone have been killing me that last two days. It feels like I bruised them or something, but I know I didn't. Anyone else experiencing this? My OB left the practice so it's impossible to try and get a hold of someone to ask a question.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Proud mama to a little boy with Horner's Syndrome and milk protein sensitivity, and a little girl with multiple food allergies. 

Re: Anyone having tailbone pain?

• Yes! I almost feel like my tailbone needs to pop or is swollen or something but it isn't. It's so strange because I know I didn't injure it in any way. FI has been giving me back massages focusing on my lower back and that seems to help A LOT.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I have too. Sometimes it feels easier to stand than it does to lay down or sit and put pressure on it. Really stinks!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ive been having tailbone pain since 12 weeks. Its worse when sitting for long periods of time so I'm happy my job is fairly active. I got a donut pillow to sit on, not sure yet if its helping but I feel like an old person.
    imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • imageAsh2015:
    Yes! I almost feel like my tailbone needs to pop or is swollen or something but it isn't. It's so strange because I know I didn't injure it in any way. FI has been giving me back massages focusing on my lower back and that seems to help A LOT.

This exactly!! 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Very common with pregnancy. I'm a physical therapist and specialize in pre and postpartum pain. It sounds like your SI joint and a shift in the position of your sacrum. With pregnancy,along with all the other hormones, comes Relaxin. Relaxin is what gives the ligaments in your body the ability to stretch to allow for widening of your pelvis. Going to a physical therapist will help reposition the sacrum and the PT can give you specific exercises for the cause of your pain. The exercises are very important in reducing pain because with increased relaxin in your system you are likely to come right back out of place.  Relaxin affects every ligament in your body and you may notice increased joint mobility as well as a loss of the arches in your feet. The PT can help with all these joint changes and help in recovery after your delivery. 
  • imageNVRebelPT:
    Very common with pregnancy. I'm a physical therapist and specialize in pre and postpartum pain. It sounds like your SI joint and a shift in the position of your sacrum. With pregnancy,along with all the other hormones, comes Relaxin. Relaxin is what gives the ligaments in your body the ability to stretch to allow for widening of your pelvis. Going to a physical therapist will help reposition the sacrum and the PT can give you specific exercises for the cause of your pain. The exercises are very important in reducing pain because with increased relaxin in your system you are likely to come right back out of place.  Relaxin affects every ligament in your body and you may notice increased joint mobility as well as a loss of the arches in your feet. The PT can help with all these joint changes and help in recovery after your delivery. 

I already go to PT for sciatica. I can ask her about it and what I can do. Thanks! 

Proud mama to a little boy with Horner's Syndrome and milk protein sensitivity, and a little girl with multiple food allergies. 
  • My tailbone hurts all the time. I haven't asked about it but I'm pretty sure I did something to it my last year of college because it pretty much hurts anytime I sit too long.
  • Having the same issue! My tailbone started hurting at about 14 weeks and hasn't let up since.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker photo12
  • I've had tailbone pain since atleast my 8 week point. Maybe earlier. It was one of my indicators that I was pregnant. My OB told me that while sometimes it shows up later in PG it can show up early too. She said it is especially common if you have ever injured your tailbone in the past and the soft tissue and what not is starting to stretch and expand as your body rearranges itself.

Tailbone pain is also apparently a symptom of low progesterone which I also had. Once the placenta took over for the progesterone I did stop taking it. I still have pain on and off. Going to the chiropractor helped with adjustments too.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been having tailbone and lower back pain since 16 weeks I think? Ugh, it's awful! Sitting at my desk all day really bring it out. I have some throw pillows in my office, so I put one of those behind my back, or I bring my laptop to my papas an chair in my office, or just put my feet up and recline my desk chair as far back as it will go and try to work from that position. I try to squeeze out sometime to just leave my office and take a little walk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes! I talked to my OB about it and it sounds like it's irritation of my sciatic nerve. It really flared up last week- as stupid as this is, I sneezed one day and it absolutely hurt so bad that I could hardly put weight on my left leg for about an hour. The OB told me that actually laying on the side it hurts can shift the baby to move-- that has worked for me since.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagechefsteph:

I've had tailbone pain since atleast my 8 week point. Maybe earlier. It was one of my indicators that I was pregnant. My OB told me that while sometimes it shows up later in PG it can show up early too. She said it is especially common if you have ever injured your tailbone in the past and the soft tissue and what not is starting to stretch and expand as your body rearranges itself.

Tailbone pain is also apparently a symptom of low progesterone which I also had. Once the placenta took over for the progesterone I did stop taking it. I still have pain on and off. Going to the chiropractor helped with adjustments too.  

I do have low progesterone. I'm waiting for my PT to call with an appt.  

• Yes me too!! It's very uncomfortable to sit for an extended period of time.  My tail bone has been hurting so much!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just came on the board to post about tailbone pain. It started today and I'm in so much pain. I've been blinking back tears all day because we've been so busy. Ugh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"