March 2012 Moms
Options

Sex still hurts

Anyone else? We use lube, but it still just doesn't feel good. Sorry for the TMI...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sex still hurts

• Options
    You're not alone! It still hurts terribly for me. However, it has ALWAYS hurt for me, so I may not be the best measure of what's "normal"! From what I can gather, though, it's not that unusual for it to still hurt. If it's really horrible or you're worried, definitely talk to your doctor. I'm sure they can offer some suggestions!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Still hurts for me too! I could care less about sex knowing it will hurt so bad but I give in anyway and just keep the lights off so he does not see me wincing. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagestarswinger:
    Still hurts for me too! I could care less about sex knowing it will hurt so bad but I give in anyway and just keep the lights off so he does not see me wincing. :(

This. 

• Options
    Still hurts a lot for me as well.  Some positions are better than others, but it hurts regardless.  I figure I'll give it a little more time and then call my doctor.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    I had a c/secton and I still hurt too. 
  • Options
    imagegreenwin:
    I had a c/secton and I still hurt too.nbsp;

Me too. Though we don't try very often, which may be part of the problem. DS wakes up a lot and I have no libido, so... Not much happens in our bed these days. :P
  • Options

That's not TMI... that's what we're here for! :) 

It doesn't exactly hurt for me, but it is uncomfortable at very first... there's a specific area on my labia that is still very tender. 

If it's really hurting, I'd recommend you talk to your doctor... your DH is probably dying, haha.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    It still hurts at first for me, but it has gotten a lot better.  It is almost to the point where it doesn't even hurt at first, so I finally have confidence that this it not going to last forever.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had a c-section too and was having difficulty in the sex department as well.  I was really surprised, so I made an appt with my doc.  She prescribed an estrogen cream that I used every night for the first two weeks, then once a week after that.  Things got remarkably better after using the cream the first two weeks.  Lube has helped things along as well. 

Definitely talk to your doc if you're willing to try the cream. Otherwise, I think it will just take time.

I have read that breastfeeding has a lot to do with the pain.  Apparently, it's the body's natural birth control...

I've had to have a few frank discussions with DH about it because he just couldn't understand why it would hurt because I had a c-section.  After talking to my doc and explaining that my body went through A LOT of changes, he was much more understanding about the whole deal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagedawnmarie0576:

I had a c-section too and was having difficulty in the sex department as well.  I was really surprised, so I made an appt with my doc.  She prescribed an estrogen cream that I used every night for the first two weeks, then once a week after that.  Things got remarkably better after using the cream the first two weeks.  Lube has helped things along as well. 

Definitely talk to your doc if you're willing to try the cream. Otherwise, I think it will just take time.

I have read that breastfeeding has a lot to do with the pain.  Apparently, it's the body's natural birth control...

I've had to have a few frank discussions with DH about it because he just couldn't understand why it would hurt because I had a c-section.  After talking to my doc and explaining that my body went through A LOT of changes, he was much more understanding about the whole deal.

wow thanks so much for this.  I will sure ask about it next time I go.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"