1st Trimester
Options

Big thanks to...

the nice lady working at Subway today. She asked if I was eating, too, when we went in and ordered my hubby a sub. I explained that, no, I wasn't eating there, because I HATE my subs toasted and I couldn't eat the lunch meat unless it was heated up. She offered to heat up just my turkey and let it cool before making my sandwich so it would taste "normal" to me. And let me tell you, it was DELICIOUS. Yes

Elisabeth Lee "Ella"
Born April 14, 2013

Hey, pretty girl, it feels so right, 
Just like it's meant to be
All wrapped up in my arms so tight
Hey, pretty girl, it feels so right
Life's a long and winding ride
Better have the right one by your side
And happiness don't drag its feet
Time moves faster than you think

Re: Big thanks to...

• Options
    That was very nice of her.
    Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That's awesome.  Just an FYI though, my dr said that turkey does not need to be heated.  He said that ham, salami, and bologna do.  But because Turkey and roast beef are fresh they shouldn't be a problem.  You would think ham would fall in the same boat.  Maybe look into it.  It could make life more convenient.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelaujam31:
    That's awesome.  Just an FYI though, my dr said that turkey does not need to be heated.  He said that ham, salami, and bologna do.  But because Turkey and roast beef are fresh they shouldn't be a problem.  You would think ham would fall in the same boat.  Maybe look into it.  It could make life more convenient.  Good luck!

I don't see how this could be accurate, because one of the concerns is that you're transferring bacteria from the knife or slicer that cut the meat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad you got to enjoy your sandwich!  That was very nice of her :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That makes a lot of sense.  My dr didn't put it that way.  Thanks for the clarification.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

wow that was nice of her! customer service still exists in the world! :)

Heat up ALL deli meat.. turkey is not necessarily fresh. Its the carved meat from ham bones and a whole fresh cooked chickens or turkey that are safe, huge difference. Don't forget the cross contamination on the counters and meat slicer etc.. 10 seconds heated up is not that long to protect yourself and baby (just in case) 

I could eat a subway right now!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"