Pregnant after a Loss

(Untitled)

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: (Untitled)

• Oh i am so glad its not just me. LOL although it does hurt my feelings to know that apparently my house isn't clean enough for, well, anybody. Sorry, when I come home i'd rather spend time with my husband than scrub a floor. Sue me.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Right?!! I can finally spend some time with MH, I'd rather not spend it scrubbing the bathtub!
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to be there with you, but my mom and MIL mostly MIL finally seem to have gotten the hint. I, too, have lowered my cleanliness standards. That, and my DH has finally learned to pitch in more so that the house stays clean enough but we aren't driving ourselves crazy. Sometimes when we go on vacation MIL will clean something we don't want her to, but at least she hasn't done any top to bottom 'cleanings' since our honeymoon we got home and had to reorganize our entire house because nothing was where we normally put it she just put random things in cupboards to get them off the counter and make it look clean. It is hard to yell at her for cleaning, but I got over that.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
  • I think the reason you are offended is not because she is offering a service, it is the WAY in which she offered it, or rather forced herself on you. If my mother said, "would you like if I came over and scrubbed your floors after you get home from the hospital?" I think my sense of not wanting to do that myself might override the indignation I felt at her assumption that my floors were not clean to begin with.  The way she talked to you was very rude! 
    Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageChocodoxies:
    I think the reason you are offended is not because she is offering a service, it is the WAY in which she offered it, or rather forced herself on you. If my mother said, "would you like if I came over and scrubbed your floors after you get home from the hospital?" I think my sense of not wanting to do that myself might override the indignation I felt at her assumption that my floors were not clean to begin with.  The way she talked to you was very rude! 

Yeah, that's my mom. LOL  She wants to help just SO MUCH and gets almost offended when you tell her you don't need/want help.  Just a silly quirk she has.

I just really hate it when people clean my house.  I know this is going to sound seriously jacked up, but I almost take it as a personal failure if someone in my friends/family has to come in and clean.  I feel like with every dish they put in the dishwasher, it's "if you were a better wife, your house would be clean and I wouldn't have to do this."  I know, it's jacked up.  But I've always been that way.  You know how every book says "don't go over just to see the baby.  Ask if the mom needs help.  Do her dishes, throw in a load of laundry..."  yeah no.  If you come over, come to visit.  Don't effing clean my house.  Just don't do it. LOL

Oct Angel Babies
  • imagemrs.ike:

imageChocodoxies:
    I think the reason you are offended is not because she is offering a service, it is the WAY in which she offered it, or rather forced herself on you. If my mother said, "would you like if I came over and scrubbed your floors after you get home from the hospital?" I think my sense of not wanting to do that myself might override the indignation I felt at her assumption that my floors were not clean to begin with.  The way she talked to you was very rude! 

Yeah, that's my mom. LOL  She wants to help just SO MUCH and gets almost offended when you tell her you don't need/want help.  Just a silly quirk she has.

I just really hate it when people clean my house.  I know this is going to sound seriously jacked up, but I almost take it as a personal failure if someone in my friends/family has to come in and clean.  I feel like with every dish they put in the dishwasher, it's "if you were a better wife, your house would be clean and I wouldn't have to do this."  I know, it's jacked up.  But I've always been that way.  You know how every book says "don't go over just to see the baby.  Ask if the mom needs help.  Do her dishes, throw in a load of laundry..."  yeah no.  If you come over, come to visit.  Don't effing clean my house.  Just don't do it. LOL

I feel exactly the same way! My mother comes over to visit and will scrub my stove top. I mean... thanks, but was it so dirty that you couldn't relax until you scrubbed it with an SOS pad? 

Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That stinks. My answer, "I really appreciate you wanting to help. I'm not comfortable with you cleaning my house, but if you want to hire a housekeeper to come in a few times that would be great." 

(Oh how I WISH!) 

photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"