July 2012 Moms

Just curious, how many crazy MIL's are out there?

Just wondering, how many of you are stuck with a crazy MIL?  Way back in 1st trimester, I noticed alot of posts on various boards about MIL issues, I decided I had lucked out with a good MIL, that all changed the day LO came home. 

Anyways, if you have a crazy MIL, has she always been crazy or just since LO arrived? I am going to guess there are quite a few horror stories...

I am hoping there are some ladies blessed with a great MIL or are they all just crazy... 

imageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just curious, how many crazy MIL's are out there?

• My MIL who lives halfway across the country is perfectly lovely, never caused me a drop of drama. I am thankful!
  • imageThePinkSuperhero:
    My MIL who lives halfway across the country is perfectly lovely, never caused me a drop of drama. I am thankful!

Same here, except mine doesn't live halfway across the country. I love my mil and our relationship has been drama free.

Edited for correction.
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • How about crazy mothers?   Mine has benn on my last nerve since about June 1st
    TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Raises hand. And always, but it's gotten worse.

TTC since October 2009
    2 failed IUIs with Clomid
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011
    One embryo transferred, four frozen
    11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
    First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
    Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
    Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Oh and both my mom and MIL talk sh!t about me behind my back. To my DH. Do they think he's not going to tell me?

TTC since October 2009
    2 failed IUIs with Clomid
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011
    One embryo transferred, four frozen
    11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
    First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
    Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
    Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

• Mine isn't crazy like a lot of the stories I've heard, she's just freaking weird. She really gets under my skin. She does these high pitch squeals at the baby and repeats the same things over and over. I can't even adequately describe her. All I know is that she is nuts and I'm glad she's an hour away and not closer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My MIL is an incredible, selfless person. We are really close and she'd do anything for us. While we were at the hospital she cleaned our house, she's made us tons and tons of dinners and she's been over to clean a few times since we've been home. She also bought a considerable amount of baby things for us and paid for us to go to the beach this coming week. She is so wonderful!!!
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope. My MIL is awesome. When I work she watches DS1 one day a week. During that day she takes him and the dog to the lake for a nice long walk, she cleans my kitchen, makes sure all the toys are picked up and makes dinner. She's been keeping up with it while I'm on maternity leave, which is so helpful.

And one might a month she watches him overnight, so DH and I can have a date night. And once the baby is sleeping a little better she will watch both of them for us once a month. I can't wait!

• imageMeow84:
    Always been bat sh!t crazy. She is an incredibly loving, well meaning person who would do anything for us, but can be very smothering and gets offended way too easily. She has her own issues with having to feel needed and totally misinterpreting [or not even picking up on] social cues. The baby has definitely made all of this 10x more noticeable and irritating.
    THIS! Word for word!

• imagereinedecajun:
    imageMeow84:
    Always been bat sh!t crazy. She is an incredibly loving, well meaning person who would do anything for us, but can be very smothering and gets offended way too easily. She has her own issues with having to feel needed and totally misinterpreting [or not even picking up on] social cues. The baby has definitely made all of this 10x more noticeable and irritating.
    THIS! Word for word!

This is MY mother. My MIL is wonderful!

• Mine has been crazy since before dh was born. I like her a lot when she's happy, but run for cover when she's in a bad moodthese have been known to last 6 months or more...
  • My MIL is a genuinely nice person who nevertheless seems to believe that DH is completely incompetent. She's judgemental, and she's given me a lot of crap for not breastfeeding (DS gets breastmilk, but in a bottle). But she'd do anything for us and we don't see her often, so it's not a big deal.
    "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."- Emily Bronte Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"