Baby Names
Options

(Untitled)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (Untitled)

• Options

imageTripMomma:
    It is not on my list, but I can't say that I hate hate it. I did love Axle Foley :)

I need to watch those movies again! :)

OP, I'm not a fan. I know it is a legitimate, ethnic name, but to me it seems like it is TTH to be a hyper masculine name. It makes me think of roller skates and cars and hanging out at the amusement park.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageTripMomma:
    It is not on my list, but I can't say that I hate hate it. I did love Axle Foley :)

Yes I love the association! LOL! But other than that, it is just ok.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagestrawberrytree:
    I don't know...I think it's kind of cool. I wouldn't use it personally, but I wouldn't side eye it either.

This. I like it, although I don't think I could personally pull it off.

It definitely doesn't make me think a$$hole. It does make me think Axl Rose, but if I actually knew someone with the name, I think the association would fade quickly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageObLaDi:

imagestrawberrytree:
    I don't know...I think it's kind of cool. I wouldn't use it personally, but I wouldn't side eye it either.

This. I like it, although I don't think I could personally pull it off.

It definitely doesn't make me think a$$hole. It does make me think Axl Rose, but if I actually knew someone with the name, I think the association would fade quickly.

This exactly. Plus I think it goes really well with your other LOs names (not that that matters to everyone).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Someone that I went to highschool named one of there son's Axel.  Suits him well!

I like Axel, I think it's a great name for a boy!  A badass/cool kid in the making!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I like Axel. I think it's a nice strong name. I certainly wouldn't side eye it.

I don't think I would use it myself though.

Axel is a name. Axle is a car part.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejustAphase:
    When I picture a guy with this name in my head, he is a complete douchebag who fake tans, has a faux hawk, tribal tattoos, and chugs muscle milk. Sorry :/

This is exactly what I think of too!

• Options

I'm a figure skater, so I automatically think of the jump.

Then I think of Axel Foley, who was an awesome character in a great movie.

Then I think of my dad, who has Axel as his mn.

That all being said, I'm not a fan of it as a name. I've seen worse, but I think it's trying to hard to be cool and just comes off as a bit douchey.

• Options
    FWIW, I have a dog named Axel (he was named that when we adopted him) and it took my nephew a long time to be able to pronounce it so it didn't sound like A$$hole. Kids have trouble learning to speak sometimes, and while we found it kind of funny that he kept calling my dog an a$$hole, I don't think we would have found it quite as funny if he was calling himself "A$$hole."  
  • Options

imageSmallstar:
    FWIW, I have a dog named Axel (he was named that when we adopted him) and it took my nephew a long time to be able to pronounce it so it didn't sound like A$$hole. Kids have trouble learning to speak sometimes, and while we found it kind of funny that he kept calling my dog an a$$hole, I don't think we would have found it quite as funny if he was calling himself "A$$hole."  

This is true. We have a cat named Hansel and both of the kids (now 2 and 4) went through phases where they called him "A$$hole." Cute on a cat, not on a kid. 

• Options

Your last line says a lot.

I think it's one of those name people use on their child because they think it's "so cool," but I don't like it. You can google something along the lines of "boy names with X" and you can probably find a few other options you might like more.

• Options
    imageZimger:

This. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    dreadful
  • Options

It's not one of my favorites but I don't think it's bad.

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options

Love it!

It is what we chose to name DS (see siggy).

ETA: I took DS out of siggy today when I put in the Siggy Challenge. Photobucket

• Options
    imageZimger:

This. It's a family name for us (Swedish) and we have it on our shortlist, but don't think we're cool enough to use it. If you are cool, by all means name your kid Axel! 

I guess technically now I should be SecondBabyMomma Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What about Xavier instead?
    BFP 7/16/12, Due 3/23/13, DS #1 born 3/13/13 BFP #2 8/10/14, CP 8/16/14 BFP #3 9/16/14
  • Options
    GnR baby!  If you're a fan go for it.

• Options
    Pretty bad.  It's either a car part or a washed up 80s front man.  
  • Options

One of my great grandfathers (my dad's dad's dad) was Axel.  That is my association with it so it is positive.  That being said, I wasn't brave enough to use it because most people do not have such a positive association (they think of Guns 'n Roses, a car part, or parents that are "trying too hard").

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"