April 2012 Moms

daycare rant WWYD?

Daycare sends all belongings home with parents at the end of the week to be washed i.e crib blankets and lovies ect. I am going through his bag of stuff to wash it and I see coffee on his blanket!!!! WTH!? I'm thinking why would there be coffee on his blanket? They should absolutely NOT be holding any baby with a hot liquid in their hand! And to make matters ever worse, and more importantly he was at daycare for 8 hours today and they only fed him 9 ounces the whole day! When I got DS home he was starving! WWYD?????

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: daycare rant WWYD?

• I would talk to them about him only eating 9 oz for sure. Ask them how he has been doing and acting and make sure everything was okay. I may not say anything about the coffee, but I don't do confutation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In my daycare, I have to leave them instructions for how much and when to feed. I would discuss that with them. 

As for the coffee, hopefully they were just holding it when taking the sheet off? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemetucker:

In my daycare, I have to leave them instructions for how much and when to feed. I would discuss that with them. 

As for the coffee, hopefully they were just holding it when taking the sheet off? 

Your may think im crazy, and its ok.....but I gave them 4 pages of instructions which included how often to feed and how much! sigh.........

• imagemetucker:

In my daycare, I have to leave them instructions for how much and when to feed. I would discuss that with them. 

Your may think im crazy, and its ok.....but I gave them 4 pages of instructions which included how often to feed and how much! sigh.........

• Not sure how long your baby has been going to day care, but for us, it took Julia all of this week to get used to eating at day care... the first day she only ate 6 oz the whole day, and it wasn't from their lack of trying... when I came to get her the teachers were asking me if she had ever taken a bottle before (we've been giving her a bottle every day for the last three months specifically in preparation for day care!)...  she is now doing MUCH better after a week of being there.

My only concern with her not eating at day care was that she was going to be up 10 times in the middle of the night... thankfully she wasn't...! 

• Okay coming from a previous day care provider I would definately bring both up. This is YOUR child and they should be helping you with whatever needs you feel should be met (within reason of course).

First off just mention the coffee, it may have been iced coffee which imo is not a big deal. I hold my baby while having iced coffee but I would mention it to the director or owner.

The feeding is a big issue with me. I once found out that my nephew was not fed all day in the center I worked in. He was 8 weeks old. I was furious when I went into the infant room to pick him up at the end of the day and found all of his bottles. So, either he was fed someone elses formula or breast milk or not ded at all. The woman was talked to. Formula/breastmilk feedings are a key role in brain development early on. I would definately show concern.

• imagechelle7707:
    imagemetucker:

I don't think you're crazy at all. I think they are if they aren't following it. How frustrating! 

• bring it up to the person in charge of the center.
    just recently, I noticed she was fed 3 times, but I only had two dirty bottles. none were missing. come to find out, someone rinsed her bottle out and accidentally put it back with her clean bottles. the next idiot grabbed that bottle for the next feeding. anyway, all 3 had to write a statement and they were reprimanded. it was a big deal, apparently.
  • eh, the coffee may of been iced and that would be fine by me (working with babies all day I would think they would need their caffeine) but you never will know unless you ask.

The eating thing, soooooo not acceptable. Both of my boys are in daycare and I LOVE my facility.  If Nolan ever came home only having eaten that little, I'd be pissed.  My daycare calls me right away if something seems off, if baby was not eating enough they would let me know.  Nolan refused one bottle last week and they did not call me, but IMO he eats enough that missing 1 bottle, 1 day was no biggie.  Let us know what they say.  Was there even a note with his pick up items? My teachers will leave a note if he was off that day for any reason (non urgent things of course).

• Being at daycare is a whole lot different than being at home for them. I work in the same daycare that DD is at and I work 10 hour days. In 10 hours she only eats 3 times, sometimes only twice. She isn't screaming or crying. She's still the happy little baby she always is.

And some others are right that if he just started it may take a little while for him to start eating normally.

But even with that being said I would still at least ask about it or say you noticed that he only ate a few times and were concerned.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"