Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    I definitely have a boobie loving baby but we have mastered the switching from exclusive bm to bm/whole milk.
    We us the older kids spill proof sippys from babies r us. He would drink water from them but not milk. Desperate to get him to drink the milk I tried adding a little bit of chocolate syrup and he drank it down so fast lol. Now a week after adding the chocolate we don't have to anymore he will drink WM without any added flavors :
  • Options

Straw cup (the juice-box style rubbermaid) works much better for us.

He still only takes 2 oz of milk, though. More water, nurses like mad when I'm home, and up once overnight.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Skip the sippy?  Try a straw or just a regular cup?
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DS didn't take to CM in a sippy till I stopped nursing him at 13 months. I'm also a teacher. DS finally took to straw zippy. I gave him flavored Horizon milk for about a week to get him hooked. I know some people think that is terrible, but I was desperate to get him to drink during the day. We didn't have the night time issue though. I wouldnt get up to feed him though if I knew he was eating enough during the day.
  • Options
    imagerlyttle:
    My DS didn't take to CM in a sippy till I stopped nursing him at 13 months. I'm also a teacher. DS finally took to straw zippy. I gave him flavored Horizon milk for about a week to get him hooked. I know some people think that is terrible, but I was desperate to get him to drink during the day. We didn't have the night time issue though. I wouldnt get up to feed him though if I knew he was eating enough during the day.
    I think flavoring the milk is going to be my next step. If DS is hungry/thirsty at night he will not stop crying, even after an hour of Ferber checks. My kids share a room and we live in an apartment, so I need to use CIO sparingly. I'm not willing to let him cry all night so I need to find a way to make liquids more appealing during the day. Yesterday I had DD drink from one of his sippy cups and gave him a similar one. That, so far, has worked the best.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"