April 2012 Moms

3 day weekend=transition from RnP to PnP

Any advice? My plan: put ds in PnP for all naps and night sleep. At night, keep in PnP for at least his first two sleep stretches then back to RnP if I'm exhausted. I would love him to be semi used to sleeping in the PnP when I'm back to work tuesday. It's so hard to fight it during the work week. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: 3 day weekend=transition from RnP to PnP

• PnP is in your room right? Are you not doing the crib just yet?

I only ask because a crib mattress is so much more comfy than a PnP mattress that the transition might go a bit easier if they realize how nice and soft it is.

And, I would do the PnP no matter what. Transferring back to the RnP will probably make the transition harder in the end.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah we're doing PnP in our room first because I'm not ready to move him to his room across the house yet and his crib won't fit in our room. You're right about trying not to do the RnP at all. I will try my hardest not to, but sometimes exhausted me at 3 am really wants the RnP. But I know it'll be easier in the long run, plus I can take naps this weekend, so I will do that instead of the whole first two stretches of sleep in the PnP then RnP thing. I'm also good with bed sharing if he'll do it, but the last time I tried a couple weeks ago, he preferred the RnP. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, don't freak out if the PnP naps aren't happening. When we transitioned LO only napped 15 minutes tops in his crib but the night transition was a breeze. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"