April 2013 Moms
Options

3d/4d ultrasound places?

Has anyone ever gone to one early on like 8wks early on? Im asking because my doctor is one of those (i wont give you and ultrasound til 20wks) types. And i just want to see my baby i guess to make it more real.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3d/4d ultrasound places?

• Options
    I would have to REALLY like my doctor to wait that long for an ultrasound!  I know it is not uncommon but I am too impatient to wait that long.  I am on my 4th baby too!;)  Life is about to get crazy for us!  Congrats!
  • Options
    I couldn't wait that long, 8 weeks is killing me. My co worker went for a 3d ultrasound at 20 weeks said it was really creepy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been looking for one around me that will do an early u/s just to see the heartbeat, and so far, nobody will do any earlier than 14 weeks. I saw a post where someone went at 6 1/2 weeks, so I guess it depends on the place. 
    photo d09ff0b8-8137-4e1c-ae47-58c3ef11d6b5_zpsdf895214.jpg
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

The earliest I've gone is 15 weeks, but that's only because my OB does an early u/s. if he didn't, I'd be going to get one. The one I went to last pg and plan to this pg (for gender determination), does u/s starting at 7 weeks, so I'm sure you cold find one. Here is their first package.....for an example:  

Peanut Peek - $50 $355 minute session performed between 7-14 weeksWe will peek at baby, listen to heartbeat, and measure gestational agePackage includes 1 black and white printout of the babyThis package DOES NOT include gender determination
  • Options
    I found one! It's about a half an hour away and they will show you the heartbeat as early as 6 weeks for $29, including 2 photos. I'm going this weekend and I'm so excited.
  • Options

I don't know about a 3d but I did a regular one at 5,6,8 weeks....I will have another at my nt scan at 12 weeks. Call your insurance and ask of they will cover an ultrasound at 12-13weeks to test for downs.....then tell your doctor to set it up to get NT scan....good luck.... 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I went to a 3D/4D u/s place at 6 weeks. I didn't get a 3D u/s done though. The tech just did a normal u/s to determine that I was indeed pregnant and to see if we could see the heartbeat yet. The first time I went in, we only saw the fetal pole and sac. I went back a week later at almost 7 weeks and saw the heartbeat. Each visit was only $25. IMO it was totally worth it!

The lady that owns the place is totally cool and will let you come in as often as you would like. I have only been 2x, but will definitely be going in at 15-16 weeks for a gender scan. 15 weeks is a little early, but she will give you a free scan a week out if you aren't able to determine the baby's sex. :) 

• Options
    Wow, I thought it was normal to get a us that early. I got one at 5 weeks and I am getting another one on wednesday at 8 weeks 6 days to confirm dates. When I had my son it seemed like I was getting an ultrasound every 6 weeks or so! Yes, definitely go get one, it will put your mind at ease!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageletranger:
    my concern would be that you aren't seeing a doctor so if something was wrong they couldn't tell you.nbsp;

This exactly. Seeing the hb won't really change anything people still have losses after that point. I'd rather stick to my midwife's plan. But, I guess we are all different.
  • Options
    imageCasie13:

I went to a 3D/4D u/s place at 6 weeks. I didn't get a 3D u/s done though. The tech just did a normal u/s to determine that I was indeed pregnant and to see if we could see the heartbeat yet. The first time I went in, we only saw the fetal pole and sac. I went back a week later at almost 7 weeks and saw the heartbeat. Each visit was only $25. IMO it was totally worth it!

The lady that owns the place is totally cool and will let you come in as often as you would like. I have only been 2x, but will definitely be going in at 15-16 weeks for a gender scan. 15 weeks is a little early, but she will give you a free scan a week out if you aren't able to determine the baby's sex. :) 

How far along were you the first time you went in?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"