February 2012 Moms

Do you have tattoos? PIP them!

I'm getting tattoo fever.

I have four. I have a chinese symbol that apparently means twin (I was 19, my twin sister has it too), grace (in Romanian) on my hip, our son's birthday in roman numerals on my back and a peace dove on my left wrist.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you have tattoos? PIP them!

• I think I only have a picture of this one:

• I have three. The Chinese word for strength on my hip, a palm tree on my shoulder, and a heart with the pink ribbon on my foot very tribal looking. I want to get one for Allison but haven't figured out where. I think that one will be a little butterfly or ladybug with her name and birthday.

ETA:  added picture

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Loading the player...
  • Haha - I have to wait for Hubster to take a picture of mine, since it's in an awkward place on my back and I can't get the phone at the right angle.

I want to get another one, but I haven't been able to decide on what. I want to do something with Sophie's name or birthday, but haven't been able to think of anything clever. 

• I've always wanted something small and classy... But I keep running into a few problems.

1. I'm a giant wimp who hates needles. The mere thought of it makes me woozy.

2. The hubs hates tattoos. It might be my body, but he's completely not on board with it so I won't do it.

3. I'm way too indecisive and would want to change the tattoo/location two weeks after I got it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • I don't but I really want one. In my current job I'm self employed so it wouldn't be an issue I want it on the inside of my left wrist. But I want it small enough I can hide it if I have to work in a traditional work environment with a chunky or thick bracelet would be what I have in mind. I want one once I finish breastfeeding. I just can't decide what exactly I want. I'd love to see some pips of others. My deal is I want to see it everyday otherwise why get one? So something small and simple that represents my kids would be perfect.
    For those that do have them did you take someone with you? I think I would rather go alone but I don't know. I'm not scared of needles but obviously know it won't feel like a massage!
  • Here are my two tattoos.

This one is a fractal, I got it a few days after I turned eighteen, this picture is from a week or two after that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And then I got a semicolon in college.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • I have them. The only one I don't totally regret is Live, Laugh, Love written down my side in red ink. I got it with be BFF when we graduated college.
    I also have One Love written across my lower back hate it. I was a total stoner. I have a big one across my upper back for my mom who passed away hate it. It was an emotional mistake, I'd say. It should technically Br counted as 3 tattoos but since they flow I'll call it one. And then I got a frog tattoo on my bikini line when I was 18 drunk in OBX. A tree frog. It's cute, not terrible. But I'd rather not have it.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't have any but I want this one:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • HattieLove - 

I love the fractal!  Why did you decide on that?  What about the semi colon?  I'm totally interested here!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here's mine: super blurry phone photo. It's on my left lower back. Got it as my 18-year-old-I'm-an-adult-so-I'm-getting-a-freaking-tattoo tattoo. 

Edit: Holy cow, that was a big photo... 

• I got this one when my best friend died ina  car accident:

and will be getting SOMETHING for Kyle over my gnarly Csection scar as soon as I can decide on something. I'm leaning footprint but I'm not sold yet. 

• imagesapphirebride06:
    For those that do have them did you take someone with you? I think I would rather go alone but I don't know. I'm not scared of needles but obviously know it won't feel like a massage!

I brought my best guy friend to get mine, it took about 2 hours and I took 3 smoke breaks ( back when I did that) Also* thats how I told my friend Id taken up smoking lol 

• I don't have any, but DH has full sleeves. They are almost all traditional style. He got most of them while he was in the Marines. It's funny, because I once said I would never marry someone with tattooes. Open mouth, insert foot. I don't even notice them anymore, and when someone else points them out, it takes me a second to register what they're talking about.

• I have a strawberry on my lower back. Please excuse my hairy back and the crease my underwear left. I also didn't know that I have a mole in the middle of it lol, that doesn't look attractive.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a million. Ok, eleven. A bunch on my back including a cherry blossom tree that comes down my left shoulder, a puma on my left upper arm, a rose with a banner saying "cowgirls don't cry" on my left rib cage, some on my hips and my right ankle. And one on my boob. A little green clover that DD loves. :] I had no idea you ladies were so colorful!
  • I have 2! My first one is a bar staff along the lower right side of my back that says "where words fail music speaks". My second one is on my upper back: it's a violin with wings, an it includes the lyrics from my favorite Alter Bridge song Blackbird: "Someday I too will fly and find you again." my aunt Ann was my favorite person in te whole world, and she passed away about 3 1/2 years ago. She played Violin pretty much her entre life.

My tattoo idea for DD is to get her footprint in white ink on te inside of my forearm.
  • I have two, they are both on my front hips, one is two shooting stars for the two times I beat cancer, and the other is a heart that is colored orange with a purple awareness ribbon in it, it is orange for the Leukemia I had and a purple awareness ribbon because I am a survivor.  I want a double infinite symbol going through a heart with Christopher initial on it somewhere. 
    "Before cancer I just lived, now I LIVESTRONG"- Lance Armstrong. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepreggersINschool25:

HattieLove - 

I love the fractal!  Why did you decide on that?  What about the semi colon?  I'm totally interested here!! 

I'm so excited that you're interested! The fractal is kind of a dedication to my two favorite teachers, it's a fractal for my math teacher and a crop circle for my conspiracy theories teacher (I went to a weird high school).

The semicolon is for my love of correct punctuation :-P I really like words and grammar and such, but I could never come up with a word I liked enough to represent that. So I went with a semicolon, the most misused punctuation of all.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • I don't have any but i want to get kyler's name tatted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"