September 2012 Moms

What a week...baby is here!

Monday I was given the 24 hour urine test which went back Wednesday. Tuesday evening I had a gush of fluids so doc had me stop in the office to make sure it wasn't my water. My BP was way up so he sent me to be observed while they waited for the lab work to come back.

After 5 hours of waiting the doc came in said no protein, but since my BP was significantly higher they felt inducing me before pree came into play was best. They started cervadil to soften my cervix at 4:30 pm Wednesday. After 3 doses of cervadil they were going to start pitocin at 5am and give me half an hour to nap. Baby had other plans, 10 minutes after the nurse left my water broke on its own.

I ended up getting pain meds and an epidural once my water broke. I started pushing at 10:40am Thursday and after 50 minutes of pushing Declan Michael was born. He weighed in at 7lbs 12 oz 21.5 inches long.

He is doing well and picked up bf quickly. He slept most the night only waking up to eat. The doctors and nurses are amazed by how fast and easy my labor was especially since Declan is my first.

We get to go home tomorrow. I'm looking forward to sleeping without being woken up by nurses and docs every 5 minutes.
 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What a week...baby is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"