February 2013 Moms
Options

STM top five baby items you LOVED!

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I was just thinking yesterday about different items we will need to purchase. Since there is a good mix of FTM and STM+ moms I think it could be helpful for the STM to share their top five (or however many) items you loved and couldn't live without or simply just made your day easier. I also find it helpful myself if someone has a item/product that they swear by...please share your list ladies!!! 

Here's mine:

1. Medela breast milk storage bags you can pump right into

2. Lansinoh nipple cream (lifesaver the first week or two for me)

3. Carters onesies (perfect fit for the age range listed, and didn't shrink)

4. Carters and/or Aden & Anis receiving blankets (larger than other receiving blankets) 

5. Oxyclean stain remover (for all of the wonderful blowouts)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM top five baby items you LOVED!

• Options

My time 4 most loved products:

1. Lansinoh nipple cream(I too would have died without this)

2. Bouncy Seat(It was great to be able to set him in while I was working around the house)

3. Nursing cover(I had one made by a friend so it was a custom horse fabric. It was great for NIP because I am rather modest)

4. Ipad & Pinterest(LOL! This was the only thing that got me through all of the middle of the night nursing sessions awake!!!)

• Options

1. aden & anais swaddling wraps 

2. bouncy chair

3. a wrap or sling

4. a crap ton of burp rags

5. boobs.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. Medela Quick Clean Micro Steam Bags

2. Summer Infant SwaddleMe blankets

3.  Angel Dear lovie

4.  Captain Calamari

5. front carrier (first the Moby wrap, then the Beco Butterfly) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Breastfriend! So much better than the boppy. 2. Lanolin for the very sore nipples! 3. Swaddle blanket! I had Aidan and anis, and swaddle design love both. 4. Rocking Chair. 5. Netflix! For middle of the night feedings and all day feedings too!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Hmmmm, I'm going to go with

1)  The Aden and Anis blankets - I used them to cover the carseat, as a nursing cover, and as a blanket of course.  They are awesome.

2)  Medela Freestyle pump.  Couldn't have worked without it and I loved this one.  I had another I borrowed from my sister and the Freestyle is so worth the money compared to others.

3)  I guess Gerber bottles because they were a wallet saver!  They fit on your pump for a third of the price of Medela bottles.  We used them to feed from too.

4)  The changing table has been worth it's weight in gold.  We have used it more than any other baby product.

5)  Stickers I bought to label bottles and such with DS's name.  For daycare I had to label absolutely everything and those suckers were awesome.  They are still stuck to half of our things we use today.  Great for sippies and bottles and random things you forget will need labeled. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm all about some convenience items. Here's my favorites:

1. Medela Freestyle Pump. It's more expensive than others but was a lifesaver being hands free and has a battery pack rather than being stuck close to an outlet.

2. The Ultimate Crib Sheet. This thing is amazing. Once you put that fitted sheet on the crib mattress, this goes over it and snaps to the rails of the crib rather than having to tuck under the mattress. I layer two on and then when middle of the night messes happen, I just unsnap one and baby is ready to go.

3. Sleepers with zippers. So much easier to zip up rather than get all those tiny snaps or buttons, especially in the wee hours of the night.

4. I don't know the official name for it but they are these disposable changing table pads. You can put it over the changing table cover and when baby messes mid-diaper change you only have that to take care of rather than wash the cover.

5.  Bouncer seat. LO spent a lot of time in hers and it was small enough that I would move it all over the house with me when I couldn't hold her. In the bathroom while I would shower, next to the table while DH and I would eat, and we'd also take it to friends houses or bbq's so we could still attempt to have a somewhat social life.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1) Aden & Anais swaddles-We could not have lived without these! They were stretchy and breathable.

2) The Happiest Baby on the Block (book or DVD)-I had the book. So much great information; I totally credit my sanity during the first few months to the tips in this book.

3) Bouncy Seat (Fisher Price)-It was wonderful for setting DS down and for soothing him. We used it until he was too big to fit in it.

4) Front Carrier-We have a Baby Bjorn which I loved, but I recommend trying out different carriers before committing. I know moms who love the Moby Wrap and moms who hate it. I also know moms who swear by Ergo. Just some kind of carrier is helpful. DS was really only happy when held (or bounced) so this is the only way I got anything done around the house.

5) Lasinoh Manual Breast Pump-Not recommended for moms who will be pumping a lot. But I loved it for relieving engorgement in the first few weeks and also for pumping the occasional bottle when DH and I were ready to have a date night again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. Boppy

2. Bum Genius pocket diapers

3. Sound Spa projector and white noise machine

4. Trumpette baby socks

5. Bouncy seat 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1.  Moby wrap for little babies, the the Ergo from about 3-4 mo on.

2. Jammies, zippered ones.

3. A vibrating bouncer (the only way I could shower)

4. Onsies

5. Robeez (even when baby was really little, because they kept his socks on and his feet warm.

FYI: If you are breastfeeding, to get rid of blowout stains, just put the clothes in the sun.  I would run them through the wash, and if there was a stain, I'd lay them outside (even in winter) and poof, no stain. :)

• Options

1.  Gowns.  My LOs pretty much lived in them if we were home

2.  Tshirt blankies.  Perfect weight for winter or summer and so easy to bundle.  I will be trying muslin this time though.  DS is now 3 and still has one

3.   Moby wrap- only way I was able to prepare dinner after DD.  Used throughout first year

4.  Fisherprice lights and sounds mobile

5.  My hubby :)  He was and is such an amazing supportive guy.  Sorry to go sappy, but true

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1) Swing, DD napped in it every day until she was 6 months. It allowed me to shower and eat...love!

2) Babyhawk MT. When I was away DD was happy to be carried by DH or my Mum and fell asleep happily on them. I used it for all of my walks and to get things done around the house.

3) Ikea washcloths. We used these for everything, they are easy to wash and cost next to nothing.

4) 2 natural sponges, so much easier to get into the baby wrinkles in the bath, one for top and one for bottom1

5) Cloth diapers. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options
    These are so great! Can we make this a "sticky" post?!?
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

1. Miracle blanket

2. Ergo carrier

3. Mustela no-rinse cleaning fluid

4. Hyland's teething tablets

5. Carter's jersey crib sheets 

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options

1. Moby Wrap

2. Hygeia Enjoy pump 

3. Pumpease hands free bra

4. My boobs 

5. Target Nursing Cami's

• Options

1. Breast pump

2.  Fisher Price Rock n' Play.  This thing went everywhere in our house and whenever we traveled.  DD slept in it for first 4 months and took up a lot less room than the pack n play

3.  Fisher Price projection mobile.  Love, love, LOVE!  DD is almost 2 and still uses it.  She can turn it on herself now when she wakes up to soothe herself back to sleep.   I love that you can take the actual mobile off when they become old enough to pull on it and the images will project on the ceiling.

4. Some sort of front carrier.  She wanted to be held ALL the time and it was the only way I could get anything done. 

5.   Lots of burp rags

• Options
    What is STM & FTM?
  • Options

imagetwirlyjack73:
    What is STM & FTM?

Second time mom and first time mom.

• Options
    This list is SO helpful! As a FTM, I am overwhelmed by all the baby gear out there, so it's great to hear what everyone couldn't live without. I just added a ton of stuff to my registry! Keep them coming! 
  • Options

imageheather.mike:
    These are so great! Can we make this a "sticky" post?!?

I thought there was already a sticky post with all this info from a few weeks ago but I don't see it so maybe it was just a regular post!  But yes, all these list type of posts would be great if they were sticky so that we don't have to search very hard for them :)  DC is that possible?

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"