Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone.  I have been using the iPeriod app which tells you your time of ovulation but I downloaded the one recommended :) 
  • Options
    imageTeamAwesomeBaby:

Welcome! 

Do you pee immediately after you have sex each time? That's a common way to avoid getting UTIs. You should also eat lots of yogurt with probiotics in it (or you can take a supplement) and drink cranberry juice.

But, yeah, if you're getting them all the time then you should talk to your doctor. I used to get them a lot from a combo of lots of humping + birth control + being on swimteam and sitting around in a damp bathing suit all the time, so I know how much they suck.

As for how long you've been not-avoiding, it's entirely possible that you would have managed to miss your O each month, especially if you and your H have sex once a week or less. It could also be an issue with his swimmers, rather than with you. Mention it to your doctor, but don't bum yourself out about it yet!

I agree with all of this and that you could also add acidophilus to your diet.

imageEPG12:
    Thanks for the advice everyone.  I have been using the iPeriod app which tells you your time of ovulation but I downloaded the one recommended :) 

Yay! That's good to hear. Those ovulation predictor apps lure users into a false sense of security.

You may be ovulating earlier or later and the app wouldn't know and you could be missing it completely. =/ There is just no way that an app can know what's going on inside of your body unless outside data is put into it (Like FF does with charting and temping).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and Good Luck :)
    -=- Tara -=-

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options

Welcome to the board! I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of BC for 6 years yet. Even if you have perfect timing, you still only have about a 20% chance of conceiving on any given month. It's definitely possible that you just missed your fertile window. There are people who are actively trying that miss their fertile windows all the time, so don't give up hope yet.

It's really important to have a good understanding of when you ovulate. As previous posters have pointed out, apps on your phone only guess when you're ovulating based on past cycles and the "textbook" version of a woman's cycle.They could be telling you the wrong date and then you screw up your chances for that whole cycle.

The best ways is to use ovulation predictor kits (buy them cheap on Amazon- they're called wondfos and they will tell you when you're body is gearing up to ovulate), and start taking your temperature every morning as soon as you wake up, which will confirm that you actually did ovulate. If you go to fertilityfriend.com, you can learn a lot more about it.

This may seem overwhelming (I thought so too at first), but when my husband and I decided to TTC, we were READY for a baby, so we did everything we could to give ourselves the absolute best shot possible. It's so much easier than I thought it would be too!

Also start taking some prenatal vitamins, which you can find at Target, etc. Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC#1!
    12/1999: Dx with Endometriosis (age 12)
    5/2001: Ruptured appendix, massive scar tissue
    6/2005:Dx with Interstitial Cystitis
    9/2005: Gall bladder removed due to problems from cysts
    7/2006: Officially Dx with Fibromyalgia (age 18)
    2/2010: Partial left ovarian torsion

10/2012: SA = Low Motility
    11/2012: Surgery #5 to remove scar tissue & paratubal cyst
    HSG: Right tube blocked; unable to clear
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"