3rd Trimester

Re: (Untitled)

• When was the last time you checked with your insurance company? Under the Affordable Health Care Act there is a new law about breastpump coverage that went into affect August 1 2012. All plans are required to cover a purchase or rental of a pump. It may not come into play until your plan renews but should be covered at some point for you.

As far as buy now or wait, I'd wait. Not because I don't think you'll be able to breastfeed and pump but because there are always sales and deals. If you want to breastfeed, I suggest committing to it for a good 6 weeks and thinking it's your only option. The number of people who truly can not is super small. It's a pretty natural thing but something you and baby both have to learn. It's hard at first but in the long run can be so much easier. Especially in the middle of the night when you can plop baby in bed with you instead of getting up to fix a bottle ;)

imageimage
  • I had this same quandry and unfortunatly I posted in the bf group and got REEMED for stating I was worried that bf wouldn't take (excuse me I've know 3 different woman with 3 different issues so.... but I digress)

I actually did a lot of research and wanted to get a closed system (hygenia, ameda or lansinoh) as it is better to be sold or bought used then a Medela.  HOWEVER i have heard such amazing things about Medela i was on the fence.

I then found a Lansinoh for $15 at the consignment store.  (I ordered all new parts and I had to order a new electric cord (its the older style electric but Ameda parts fit it perfectly).  I figured the money I invested in this was less then the rental (at my hospital by the time I pay cleaning, rental and buy the hygiene kit it was going to be $90 for two weeks!)  

So.. I suggest you talk to your hospital and do some research - if you do want the Medela - I'd get it - NOW (from what I'm seeing the target sale right now is really a good sale for a lot) and NOT unseal it.  Then return it (i've returned after 90 days to target (not a pump obviously) ) or sell it if things don't go as planned. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"