Baby Showers

Re: (Untitled)

• imageRoxyLynn:

imagerhubarb123:
    Is there a reason why you would not want a shower in Missouri if both of your famiies live there.

If no one offers to host a shower in Missouri, then there's no shower in Missouri.

Obviously if no one offers to host a shower in Missouri there is no shower in Missouri.  But...if that is the case (family doesn't offer to host a shower) why would they drive 10-12 hours to attend a shower.  KWIM?  Personally I'd rather just host someone's shower then be on the road for 20 hours or so.

• BaSically as said- CLOSE family (like mom/sister/grandmother), I can understgand inviting them.  But past that?  10 - 12 hours?  Um, no.

A shower is supposed to be a smaller, more personal event.  And it's ABOUT GIFTS.  To invite someone is to ask for a gift from them. 

A shower is NOT a wedding.  Weddings tend to be all inclusive - and it makes sense because you're getting MARRIED.  It's a huge life event.

Having a baby is a huge life event, but a shower is not.  It's still "just" a gift giving event.  I could see people traveling a long distance to actually meet the baby.  Butg just to come and give you a gift?

I just don't see showers as "all inclusive" events the way weddings are.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Most of our relatives live several hours away.  I decided to not invite them to my shower.  We did send them birth announcements. 
                      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister, MIL and DH all agreed, invite our aunts but not cousins.  The aunts have been asking about the pregnancy a lot, some have even messaged me on Facebook to ask how things are going, so it was agreed that we would invite them so they would feel included and get to share in some of the excitement.  We also had some simple maternity photos taken and included one in each of the thank you cards.  It worked out very well.
    image BFP #3 02/14/2012 - EDD 10/20/2012 Started prometrium right away, hoping this one sticks Beta #1 (02/15) 37. Torrey born 10/21/2012 w 6lb 14oz, 19.5" long Beta #2 (02/17) 87 Doubling time 38.91 Beta #3 (02/22) 495 Doubling time 47.84 Beta #4 (02/28) 8108 Doubling time 35.70 ~grow baby grow~ Updated EDD 10/26 BFP #2 01/10/2012 - EDD 09/18/2012, Chemical Pregnancy ended 01/13/2012 BFP #1 12/03/2011 - EDD 08/06/2012, Natural M/C 12/13/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"