Cloth Diapering

Hemp stench.. suggestions please...

Ok, I use three hemp inserts in my daughters overnight diapers (yes she is a very heavy wetter). and when she wakes up, they are soaked.  I normally just throw them in the diaper pail and wait for wash day.  (been doing this for 6 months now) Well, the hemp is starting to stink, what I can only believe is the hemp stench I've heard discussed before (I'm not having any problems with any other diapers or inserts)

Any solutions?   I was thinking of stripping them with RLR, but I'd like to hear others' opinions on what worked for them.

If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hemp stench.. suggestions please...

• Boil them.

Assuming no snaps/elastic.

Then you may have to rinse before you throw in the pail, or wash more frequently.

• I'm agree with pp,also you may need to wash them with bleach without chlorine or oxigen bleach,don't put any soap and rise 3 or 4 time until they are clean,also how do you dry them.if you do on the dryer is ok,but if you just hang,you have to separete them inserts or fitted in order to dry fast and not getting but odor.but keep in mind to get rid of the smell on hemp it will take a while depend of how often you do laundry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"