June 2011 Moms

(Untitled)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (Untitled)

• We have very bad tantrum issues ad have since about 8 months. My only suggestion is that I always try to set her up to succeed by making sure she is fed, has water/milk and is not overtired. If she's having a bad day we just don't run the errand we were supposed to. At this age it's hard because they don't fully understand us and a lot of their frustration stems from
    having opinions and not fully being able to communicate them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the reply, ladies.

I knew I couldn't be the only one whose toddler is going through this. And yes, my best bud unfortunately is that type....the my-life is just perfect type but she has many good qualities, so I keep her around Smile  They actually do go out a lot and we go on play dates often. I think part of it is perspectives. Maybe to her, he is the perfect little angel whereas I see a normal toddler boy who likes to play rough and be loud.  I've seen him kick her in the back but she just ignored it, probably as part of the "discipline" she is using on him.

I also made sure she'd been fed and changed and everything before we left home. I guess she just had enough of being strapped down from the car ride and then in the cart while shopping. 

Thanks ladies. As always, it's nice to hear other moms opinions on things like this. It always makes me feel better knowing we're not the only one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCarlaAndJames:

For what its worth I totally give Lexi snacks we haven't paid for yet at the grocery store. Just grab two and have them ring up the unopened one. Can't tell you how many times I've said "weigh that banana twice, we ate one while shopping"

I also have no shame in opening up food in the store, then plopping the empty/open package on the belt at the register. Embarrassed  The last time we were at Target, I opened up a whole box of cheddar bunnies for Liam to snack on; he was still eating when we went to the register, so the cashier just leaned over & scanned the box while Liam was still digging into it.  

Don't let your friend make you feel bad about the tantrum, it happens to everyone at some point.  And if I had to bet, I'd say she either never takes her kid out anywhere, or she's flat out lying about his behavior.  

The Blog - Parenting: Uncensored

Photos from Libby Hilf Photography

imageimage

Jake - 1.15.08
    Liam - 5.17.11
  • I always say my son is going through terrible twos a year to early. Honestly he used to be the most quiet well behaved baby ever most people did not even know I had a baby with me, since he has been RUNNING everywhere all he11 has broken loose. Yesterday we were in Macy's with my mom and they had Carters costumes out and he saw a Dragon one he liked. Well he had to have it because when I went to take it away from him he threw himself down on the floor in the middle of the aisle kicking and screaming (literally) and pointing at it yelling MAMA. Well I tryed distraction, sippy cup, snack, toy, ignoring, helping him walk away and he still went back to it crying. Finally, I just said oh screw it and bought him the costume (I mean he needs one anyway and honestly I was getting super embarrassed as people walked past). 

I think in times like this you just have to stay calm and use every trick in the book. I think people are not so judgey if you are trying to calm the baby than just ignoring them. I find food is always your best route or with my DS his teddy that he carries everywhere, pretty much like other kids binkies to him. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"