Toddlers: 24 Months+

(Untitled)

BabyFruit Ticker TTC #2 since March 2010. 2 LOSSES ... c/p - Dec 2010. Ectopic - March 2011. Me: 35; DH: 34 DX: DOR, egg quality issues ; DH - all normal FSH 10.1, Estradiol 21.8, AMH 0.49 IVF #1 (Oct/Nov 2011) (Antagonist with BCP's)- 5R, 0 eggs to transfer CD3 b/w by same RE 1/2012: FSH 6, AMH 1.4...wtf?? IVF #2 (Apr 2012) EPP/Antagonist with ICSI - 10R, 7M, 6 ICSI'd, 2F. 3DT = BFN AMH tested by new RE 6/2012 - 2! Saving money for IVF #3. Started a ton of supplements in May 2012 and hoping for a miracle! SURPRISE BFP!! (October 2012)

Re: (Untitled)

• I had no idea what you were referring to about safety so I had to google, I guess you mean in terms of the possible toxins, etc? This might be a helpful link for you though it is kind of old. I am not very clear on how kids are exposed to this stuff though- like if they chew on it or does it come off in some sort of fume and if so would they need to be especially close to the mat or would it have to be in a smaller enclosed space?

https://www.healthychild.org/live-healthy/faq/are_there_any_safe_foam_mats_for_toddlers_to_play_on

We had them but used them outside on a screened in porch when our kids were crawling & just learning to walk.   I think they are great for a variety of uses and was even thinking of putting ours down on top of carpet when we finish our basement to protect some high play areas or craft areas (with something under the foam mat too since there are cracks...)...I suppose I will have to research this one. Yet another way I'm killing my kids slowly, along with their plastic cups?

• My kid has been using the ABC foam mat since around 6 months... no issues to date. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I did some research back when my DD was learning to sit up and we had hardwood floors.  I didn't really find any inexpensive solutions, so I just ended up getting a thick pile carpet.  She did fine with it, but not sure how well that would work for an active toddler.  I looked at cork flooring tiles at home depot, but they didn't really feel like they were much softer than the hardwoods.  I asked on the Eco-friendly family board, and even they didn't have a lot of ideas.  But yeah, from what I read about those foam mats, I knew I didn't want them in my house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"