Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

(Untitled)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (Untitled)

• I wouldn't really want to go to a birthday party on Dec 23rd either.  Can't you wait til January?  DS's birthday is December 26th and last year we had his birthday maybe a week into January.  No one thought anything of it.  It was nice because no one was irritated by a party interfering with travel or holiday plans.  So I would either have your party early, in mid December or wait until a few days after New Years.  Also, can you split your party into 2 and have 2 parties, one for each side of the family?  I would think you could cut down the guest list too.  Are the siblings going to be hurt if you don't invite any of them?  I'm pretty close to my brothers but they live a few hours away and it never even occured to me to invite them or my parents to a toddler's birthday party.  But if your family is all local I guess I can see where you'd feel pressure to invite them.  Can you just invite grandparents only and a couple kids that your kid plays with?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My birthday is december 23, too!  In my experience, nobody wants to attend a birthday party on that day, ever.  At least on the 24th or 25th, people are getting together anyway, or at least staying put--on the 23d, everyone is running around or traveling. 

Depending on how you approach it, this problem may take care of itself.  If you do it on the 23d, can you approach the potential guests saying "I know this may not be a convenient day for everyone, so could you let me know if you think you can't attend?  I promise I won't be insulted if you can't make it...we'll just make sure to see you over the holidays!"...or words to that effect?  

I have a feeling that if you approach it right, you might be able to get the guest list to pare itself down.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"