Preemies

(Untitled)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (Untitled)

• I had a high risk pregnancy from the beginning due to them being mono/di twins and complications started at 22 weeks.  My twins had TTTS and one had poor blood flow through is umbilical cord causing him to be growth restricted so they had to come out early.
  • Wow, good luck to you.  I can't image bed rest with 2 little ones.  I'm hoping that you have lots of family & friends to take good care of everything.  And, I'm keeping my fingers Xed that you make it to 34 wks! 

My water broke at 31w, 1d.  My dr was able to hold off labor for 2 days while I received the steriod shots.  I went into labor immediately after & had a code o emergency c-section.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a textbook pg - even an u/s on Monday of my 30th week, then unexpected PTL 6 days later. There was no official diagnosis but stress was labeled as the cause...my house burned down and my cats died at 25 weeks so I support that conclusion. 

Good luck - we'll be here if you need us! 

• With DS#1 typical low risk pg until PROM at 34 weeks.  This pg L&D 2X and admitted once for contractions at 32 wks.  ON bed rest still at 34 wks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I had an easy pregnancy and was fully expecting to go to term since DS1 was a week late.  At my 35w appointment my doc did the strep B test and decided to check my cervix too.  I was 2 cm and 90% effaced.  He said to take it easy but fully expected to see me the next week.  That appointment was on a Monday and I laid low as much as possible but by Wed I was having contractions and had him that night at 35w 5d.  We do not know the cause but our best guess is stress.  My husband hadn't worked full time in 2 years (PT hours that varied) and I lost my job (company closed) three weeks before DS2 was born.  Also, we suspected DS2 was special needs but no one would listen to us and he was more than a handful.

I'm concerned this time around about having another preterm child because my stress level isn't any better.  Between my two kids they have 5-8 therapy sessions a week and usually a doctor's appointment or two.  The oldest is a very difficult child and the youngest is a full fledged 3 year old who likes to mimic his older brother.  My husband also works 2 jobs now so we have the opposite problem we had before.  I'm trying to lay low as much as possible but that is easier said than done.

Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• I had an emergency c/s at 35wk, 5d due to no movement. DS2 subsequently failed all the monitoring tests and wham-o I won an early delivery. My placenta was taken to the lab and they found a blood clot where the umbilical cord and placenta met.
  • I had a normal preganancy, only major issue was hyperemesis for my first 16 weeks.  Then my water broke at 22 weeks - I delivered a few hours later.
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • With my first I had pre-e and I delivered her exactly 24 hours after I was admitted to the hospital for monitoring. With my second I was high risk, and was being monitored very closely due to high blood pressure and PTL. At 32 weeks things started to go down hill, I was having contractions, I was put on bed rest and at 34w 4d I was admitted to the hospital and the following day I had DD#2.

• I had a complication free easy pregnancy up until about 33 weeks 4 days when I went into pre-term labor.  I was kept pregnant for a week and delivered at 34 weeks 4 days.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a very easy pregnancy until my water broke at 30w4d. Mine was an unusual case in that I was able to stay pregnant on bedrest until 34w. I was induced at 34w because that is when the risk/benefit ratio tips with ruptured membranes.

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• My pregnancy was normal until my water broke at a little over 35 weeks. I'd had an extra ultrasound because they thought LO might have an issue that would need to be surgically corrected after birth (US was normal--he didn't have it). 

On one of my next appointments, my doctor did say that my amniotic fluid level was really high (this hadn't been mentioned before) and that I was starting to measure farther ahead, so they were "keeping an eye on it". The next time I had an appointment, the measurement wasn't too far ahead, so they just wanted to keep monitoring the measurement and possibly sending me for another US to see if I had polyhydramnios. My next appointment didn't come because my water broke (and gushed and gushed and gushed) a week or so later and they ended up diagnosing me in triage at the hospital. That seems to be the only reason for me delivering early.

TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"