September 2011 Moms

Today is the day..T and Ps please

Today is the day we are giving away our dogs.

Long story: we have two dogs, both about age 3. One is a golden retriever, the other is a boxer.  Growing up I have always had dogs, so it just seemed natural that when we bought a house we would have them too.  H was weary but once he saw them he loved them (we got them as puppies).

Now  that we have C, they don't get the attention they need and have been acting out. They have chewed the door frame/wall in the garage, always steal and chew Cs toys, jump all over people when we have visitors, etc. etc.

H has been talking about getting rid of them for months, but It has never been an option for me til now. Why now? The main reason is, I am sick of the discussion/fight with H about them.  We have enough stress and maybe this will help.  The other reason is, I know that the dogs will be much happier.

They will be going to a family friend, who has four teenagers that are dying to have pets. They will have tons of room to run and plenty of people to love them.  We visited the family last weekend, and it was like Christmas for the kids (already fighting over which dog was sleeping with who).

All that being said, I'm a mess.  They bark when C is sleeping, grab food off the counter, blah blah blah, but I love them. C loves them too, and they are so good with him. I am going to miss them so much, and the house will seem not quite complete.

I know it's silly to be this upset, but I'm really sad.  Thanks for reading (I didn't intend for it to be so long). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Today is the day..T and Ps please

• I actually have a boxer and retriver cross too! I understand where you're comming from and am glad you found a great home for them. I'd be an uncontrollable mess if I had to give my pups away, they're my furbabies. They would have to do something really bad before I'd even consider giving them up.

Atleast you can visit them when you see the family :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh boy....

All I will say is, I'm glad they will have a loving family.

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • Ppl have a hard time with others giving their dogs away - but I feel your pain.  I love my dog but my H doesn't feel the same way (very similar to your situation).  We're keeping her - but it's very trying.  I think what is most important is that they will be happier - sometimes I think Lucy would be happier elsewhere...and it breaks my heart to think that.  It sounds like your doggies will be loved and get all of the attention they need and deserve.  GL to you and your dogs
  • imageT&HLove:

Oh boy....

Uh oh....and yeah ditto this!

Coming from a rescue dog family, I do feel the need to add that training goes a long way and maybe this could have been prevented...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageT&HLove:

Oh boy....

this. hopefully they will be happy and their new owners will realize the commitment they're making.

• imageT&HLove:

Oh boy....

We adopted a boxer whose family didn't want her anymore, and the first month was insane! The crying was almost unbearable. 

And, I hope those teenagers don't suddenly get a life and want to be out with friends all the time, because that doesn't happen, ever? Then the dogs will be back at square one.

But, hey atleast you're not giving them away because they shed too much.

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Is it just our board that gets these anti-dog people?  Seriously, do other boards get these "I'm giving away my dogs" posts??

*shakes head*

• imageTHLove:
    Oh boy.... All I will say is, I'm glad they will have a loving family.nbsp;

Agreed. Yikes.
  • And the crying continues..thanks
  • imagevwsfy6:
    And the crying continues..thanks

What do you want us to say? 

You got 2 dogs, had a baby, stopped giving the dogs attention, don't like that they are acting out because of that, and are now giving them away.  I'm not going to coddle you and say "oh you poor thing".  You are making a hard decision, if you feel this bad about it and are crying, maybe there's a reason why ...

Bernie, my boxer, was my first baby.  I am her mommy and will take care of her always.  She sheds and sometimes tracks mud in the house and cries at me when she's being a baby and has eaten some of A's toys (and nuks and nipple shields) and sometimes gets in the way.  But she is family.  And so I buy replacement nuks and continue to train her on how to accomodate a baby into her life, because that's what pet parents do.

• imagesolsburyhill:

Is it just our board that gets these anti-dog people?  Seriously, do other boards get these "I'm giving away my dogs" posts??

*shakes head*

I read one on Nov 12 a few weeks ago.  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"