Breastfeeding
Options

Need to supplment - how?

I need to start supplmenting my DD's bottles with formula, but only a little - like 1 oz/bottle. I am just a little short each bottle. I have never mixed formula and have no idea how to go about this. I read that you have to throw away formula if it is not finished.  So do I literally have to mix up 1 oz of formula every time?  I usually send storage bags with my breastmilk in them. Can I i just add in 1 oz of mixed formula or does this have to be done fresh with each bottle at daycare? Sorry if these questions are stupid, but I have negative experience with formula. 

Re: Need to supplment - how?

• Options
    I had to supplement DS with formula too to "top him off" until I increased my supply.  I would mix 4 oz bottles and then seperate it into 1oz bottles.  Formula stays good in the fridge once mixed for 24 hours.  Once heated or once baby has drank from the bottle you have to toss it.  So you can make a big batch of formula in a water bottle for daycare and ask them to mix a little bit of it into each bottle of BM as they go.  If baby doesn't finish the bottle they will have to toss it.  If they don't use all the formula that day they will have to toss it as well.  HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    This is EXACTLY what I needed to know.  Thank you very much :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Will baby drink straight formula? When I was supplementing my mom would give him bm until she ran out then start using formula. I'm not sure how that would work with DC. Maybe ask if you can send a can of formula to have on hand if they need it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"