September 2012 Moms
Options

Breast Pump Usage

Anyone else completely clueless how their BP works?  I have mine in the bag--haven't even opened it.  Got it at my shower on 7/1 and haven't once looked at it.  I know it comes with instructions and that I can always call an LC, but I'm just so intimidated by it, I'm leaving it until the last possible minute.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

Re: Breast Pump Usage

• Options
    I didn't open mine until about 2 or 3 weeks after I gave birth but they are pretty easy and the instruction booklet spells it all out for you. I didn't open it before just in case BF wasn't working for us and I wanted to return it.
  • Options

imageMrsLynnyD:
    I didn't open mine until about 2 or 3 weeks after I gave birth but they are pretty easy and the instruction booklet spells it all out for you. I didn't open it before just in case BF wasn't working for us and I wanted to return it.

This is why I haven't opened mine.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so scared of mine...I keep meaning to get everything and sterilize all the parts (it's used...a friend gave it to me and she got it used as well) but I'm so intimidated by it, I'm just sticking my head in the sand for awhile.   I tend to get myself very very worked up over instruction manuals, so I figure I'll have DH figure it out and teach me how to use it.  lol...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Don't be intimidated - you'll figure it out.  : )

When DD was born, she had to spend some time in the NICU with breathing issues, so I couldn't nurse right away.  She was born at 7:20pm and at about 11:30pm my amazing pp nurse came to my room with the hospital pump and a kit of parts to help me pump for the very first time.

I almost felt like I was in shock - I was completely and totally mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted and in no way ready to process what was about to happen.

But once she helped me assemble everything (which under normal circumstances you could read in the manual easily), I realized it wasn't that hard.  : )

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• Options
    They're not that hard to figure out, I promise.  They look more intimidating than they really are. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That is totally how I was. That box just sat in the living room for weeks staring me down. lol. I finally opened it & read the directions. Then it sat there for about another week.

I was intimidated by it & the first time I finally used it at about 6 weeks pp, it didn't disappoint! I was all thumbs with it, I felt like a cow being milked. It was humiliating. I only got one ounce of milk out before I started crying & gave up.

BUT It got better after that ;) 

• Options
    imagebosha711:

That is totally how I was. That box just sat in the living room for weeks staring me down. lol. I finally opened it & read the directions. Then it sat there for about another week.

I was intimidated by it & the first time I finally used it at about 6 weeks pp, it didn't disappoint! I was all thumbs with it, I felt like a cow being milked. It was humiliating. I only got one ounce of milk out before I started crying & gave up.

This is what scares me!!  I hope I can get the hang of it!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    They are really easy to use

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    imageMarisaKathleen:
    imagebosha711:

This is what scares me!!  I hope I can get the hang of it!

I didn't want to scare you - I am sure I'm in the minority. The moral of the story is that even if it is hard at first, it will get easier with practice. 

• Options
    I haven't bought mine yet, but I am definitely scared to try and use it when I do get it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"