October 2012 Moms

abdominal herniation

I was told I had one this AM at the OB...

clearly I need to look this up but it explains my crazy belly button (off center and sticking out so bad) and bulging spots above that are SO tender. 

Is there a cause? or does it just happen? I am ALL belly.  

Re: abdominal herniation

• I've heard it's actually pretty common.  I have two friends who recently had them with their most recent pregnancies. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh! My MW discovered one the day I delivered DD while in triage. Said it would heal up and it did as far as I know. Just last night I discovered it is back with a vegenance now. I'm honestly surprised it took so long. I plan on mentioning it to my docotr this week in case it needs surgical repair during my C/S (if they even can/will do that).

Hopefully yours isn't a big deal and heals up! 

• Loading the player...
  • My sister found out she had one when she was post c-section with her 2nd. The doctor told her a lot of women get them, but most don't feel them? Her's healed up I believe, fairly quickly.
    ?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • My friend had this but also her abdominal muscles split so after 9 months post baby she still looked like she was 7 months pregnant. Her's may be a special case because the only way to fix it is to get a tummy tuck and she won't do that until she's done having kids.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"