2nd Trimester

question about nipples... tmi

So this never happened to me my first pregnancy but today I woke up and I had basically dried something on my nipples. I am not being technical here and I apologize for that but it was just as it was when I breast fed. Is that normal to be almost 19 weeks and have this happen? Thank you in advance for help! 
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: question about nipples... tmi

• I havent personally had it happen to me yet but I have seen others posting about this on the bump. Apparently its colostrum coming out and can happen a lot to STM's...so its normal from what I have read from other people's posts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oddly enough sometimes I would find this even before I was pregnant, but it was just the teeniest bit, and just at the nipple opening.  I notice it a little more often now that I am pregnant... still not very much and only just at the nip tip lol, but it's there.

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for posting.  I have noticed this the last couple of weeks too.

I thought it may have been just dry skin or colostrum coming out, but drying up on the nipple.

I'm going to double check with my doc at my next appt, as I did not get this with DD.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's just colostrum, nothing to be concerned about.  You might want to start wearing some breast pads in case you leak during the day, it'll avoid some embarassment.

Resist the urge to pump it and freeze it.  Premature pumping can induce labor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started leaking a little bit every now and then around 20ish weeks. It's completely normal :)

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get it too, in fact I noticed it this morning. And hope this isn't TMI but MH is always like "Well, maybe if you would let me use my mouth on your boobs more it wouldn't happen" joking. But they are still kind of sensitive, so I'm always like umm...no....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's just colostrum. Totally normal :) I didn't start leaking it until the start of my third trimester with my first, but this time around, I started leaking it at 13 weeks. Just went I sleep mainly or right after a hot shower. Get some of those washable nursing pads from Motherhood if you can. Its cheaper in the long run than disposables.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Colostrum.  I remember how horrified I was with DS about how it dried!  It was so stiff, it was almost sharp when it dried.   My sheets would be covered in the morning.  I think that was when I discovered the breastfeeding sleep bra. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thank you all so much for your help!!!!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I haven't had this happen but I tend to think it's just some early leakage and is perfectly normal!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"