Options

Oh DH..

I texed DH this morning:

Me: "I can feel the baby kicking from the outside now!"

DH:  "Ok"

Excited much? lol.

Re: Oh DH..

• Options
    My DH was underwhelmed by kicks too! He felt her once and was sort of like... okay you can stop making me touch your stomach now.
  • Options
    haha! Sounds like my DH!! I have had him try to feel baby several times.... he gives it like 15 seconds then he is done sitting there trying. I cant wait until he REALLY feels it so he can understand my excitement!
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagethis decaf life:
    My DH was underwhelmed by kicks too! He felt her once and was sort of like... okay you can stop making me touch your stomach now.

LOL Mine too.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ha my DH will try to feel and he will stop kicking.  Then I'll get aggrevated because he moves his hand.

"He's like you acted like I never felt a baby before! Cecilia would kick me all the time.."

They would have pushing matches.  She'd kick and he gently push my stomach she'd push again....it was cute!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am REALLY glad I am not the only one with a less than enthusiastic H about baby kicks..... haha! I was getting so frustrated... not I realize maybe its just a guy thing :)
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm glad I'm not alone.

I was going to post this yesterday about how it upsets me a little that DH isn't as excited about these kicks and stuff.  But I guess that they don't know what we go thorugh, so it is hard for them.

As soon as, DD was born though, he bonded right away.  Wanted to hold her all the time, so I think they just need that tangible item to connect.

• Options

lol that's a relief!  He's been very supportive through most things... getting me food that I'm craving, coming out shopping for registry stuff with me, etc.  I just get the feeling that he's not really genuinely excited about the baby itself yet.  But I guess guys just show it differently!

• Options

Oh my gosh!!!!  I am soooo glad you posted this today!!  I have been frustrated ALL week with my less than enthusiastic H as well.  I am not as understanding as you all are.  lol.  I get pretty upset when he cant show a little bit of enthusiasum or excitement.  I needed to hear you all say the same things.  haha.  They are just more tangible creatures like a pp mentioned.  I get so excited and it just sucks for him to not show ANY excitement about the baby.  It is like Im dragging him through hot coals to get him to paint a room or do a registry.  :)  (Which I may do if he keeps it up).  And, he keeps telling me we are doing everything way too early....btw, we havent done ANYTHING....  but yet I am still trying to do things early.  I finally got the good to go on painting the room this weekend. 

Thanks for the post! Good to know that most of them act the same way. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Mine is the opposite. Still hasn't felt it and I've tried to get him to come when the baby kicks but he stops :( Poor hubs just pouts and says "He'll kick me eventually" <dramatic sigh>

I feel so bad! It's still fairly light for me but I can feel him when I'm stretched out against my hand, but I think I'm more in tune to it. Poor guy! 

• Options
    DH does the same I am so glad I am not the only one!! He felt the baby once and his expression was priceless but every since he is just not excited I can't wait for the night that he lays his head or hand on my belly and gets a real kick!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagemoonglow_84:

I texed DH this morning:

Me: "I can feel the baby kicking from the outside now!"

DH:  "Ok"

Excited much? lol.

Are you sure you didn't text my husband? With both DD and this LO he has acted almost jealous (by being aloof and almost bored with my exciting moments) until HE felt her moving... then he is all into it. 

Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

ALL of this...me too! I thought it was just because this was a surprise pregnancy for us, but I'm starting to realize--this is just guy responses.

Now that we know we're having a girl and THAT has sunk in a bit more, he's actually warmed up some.

Like my mom says--it's not happening to them, they just don't get it!

:)

• Options

imagethis decaf life:

This exactly! Whenever we're just sitting around watching T.V. or something and I feel him kick, I'm like "Come feel, he's kicking!" and he just kinda looks at me like, you expect me to actually get up and walk over to you for that? Lol, I guess it's just a guy thing. He's all into painting and re-carpeting the nursery and "guy stuff" like that, but when it comes to kicks or shopping for baby stuff he acts like it's a giant chore.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just showed this to him when he got home from work and he's all like proud of himself and his fellow men!  Jeepers lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"