Cloth Diapering
Options

Washing CD with coin-op machines

Does anyone else wash the diapers with a coin-op machine with no rinse/ extra cycle options?

We use prefolds.  I soak them and ring them out before doing a load on hot.

Looking for any tips or tricks you might have to share.

Re: Washing CD with coin-op machines

• Options
    I don't use coin-op machines regularly so hopefully others will weigh in who have more experience.  I did use a coin-op machine when we went on vacation last year though and I just paid to do extra washes instead of extra rinses (which I actually have to run extra washes at home too.  I have an older washer and it doesn't have the option to just add in an extra rinse).  So, what I did was first run a short wash, then I ran a long hot wash with soap, then I ran another short wash (for rinse - wash - rinse because that's my usual routine).  At home, as I said, I have to run extra washes too, but instead of short washes I actually set the shorter washes just to "rinse".  I figured since I was paying for it at the hotel though that I'd take advantage of using the extra water with a whole short wash :D
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I used a coin-op machine for the first 5 months - totally do-able. Since you are using prefolds, you have it even easier IMO. I was using a combination of AIOs and pockets - the microfiber inserts for the pockets definitely needed extra rinses. Luckily we had a utility sink where I could soak them for an hour before washing. When LO was in the early months and taking multiple poops per day, I definitely did pay for and wash them on two cycles, like PP said. I justified it by then line-drying so as not to spend the money on the dryer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"