August 2012 Moms

FFFC!

Sometimes, in the middle of the night, after DS is done eating, if I'm really, extremely tired, I'll put him in his bassinet in our room and come back out in the living room to pump instead of rocking him all the way to sleep. He, of course, wakes up about five minutes later and my SO gets up (because he's sleeping in the bed next to the bassinet) and rocks him to sleep. When I go back in the bedroom after pumping and see SO sitting there rocking him, I always feel bad...but, I know SO will just send me off to bed and keep rocking him until he goes back to sleep...and sometimes, I just need my sleep that bad.

I'm also harboring some strong feelings for SO's mom and I feel they'll come out one day in the worst way. She told his nine year old brother that if he wanted a cell phone, he had to lose ten pounds. He is nine. Then, she goes to McDonald's every single morning (no exaggeration) and orders the both of them breakfast before she brings him over. What do you even say to a nine year old that asks you if you lose weight if you throw up? It's a parent's responsibility to control a child's diet - not the child's. He doesn't go grocery shopping or drive. It just breaks my heart and one day, I'm just going to blow a fuse.

Ladies?

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: FFFC!

• Baby B is only waking up twice at night to eat now, so nice. I still have DH do one of the feedings and I handle the other. Yes, he goes to work, but it's a team effort here and there is nothing easy about 'working' at home.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • imageanbeck4:
    She told his nine year old brother that if he wanted a cell phone, he had to lose ten pounds. He is nine. Then, she goes to McDonald's every single morning no exaggeration and orders the both of them breakfast before she brings him over. What do you even say to a nine year old that asks you if you lose weight if you throw up? Ladies?

I have no idea how you maintain your cool with such a woman. She is horrible sounding.
    Mine is that I take my now two week old out in public almost every day. I don't let people touch him, but I would lose my mind if I couldn't leave my house.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Howell was awake in his cosleeper for 20 minutes this morning before I had H get him. He wasn't complaining so I figured why get him?
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• this isn't really flammable, but it's a confession, nonetheless.

i've worked really hard with Koa to get her to breastfeed.  we got off to a tricky start cause she was in the nicu for 3 days being bottle fed formula and given a pacifier.  4 lactation consults., much patience and perserverance later, she is a champion latcher and a breast pig.

she didn't do much sleeping last night, though, so when she woke up a 5:30am fussing again, i just needed a break.  DH gave her two feedings of pumped milk this morning and i feel like a complete freaking failure.  i don't want to regress with her, but i just needed to sleep.  i know it's not the end of the world and DH was actually really happy because he has felt left out since we've been soley breastfeeding.  i can't help, though, feeling like i took the easy way out (for me, nothing against anyone who chooses another feeding method). 

boo. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBayleighPaws:
    Henry is the spitting image of DF as a child. Identical. There are pictures of DF and if I didn't know better, I'd swear it was Henry. I'm so jealous. I'm so, so, so jelaous. I can't see myself at all in Henry anywhere. It brings me to tears. Somehow, it makes me feel less like a Mum... I thought he'd look like me somehow... But I can't see any of me in him...

Sergio looks nothing like me! People actually say, "So, were you a part of this at all?" His dad says he has my ears...and that's about it. But, my friend's son looked nothing like her at birth and now that he's 4 months old, he definitely looks a lot like her! Their features are going to change so much, so don't lose hope just yet!

SCANDAL!

• irerirer member

imageBayleighPaws:
    Henry is the spitting image of DF as a child. Identical. There are pictures of DF and if I didn't know better, I'd swear it was Henry. I'm so jealous. I'm so, so, so jelaous. I can't see myself at all in Henry anywhere. It brings me to tears. Somehow, it makes me feel less like a Mum... I thought he'd look like me somehow... But I can't see any of me in him...

Ds1 was the exact same. Looked just like dh but guess what? Now he looks so much like me it is crazy. Don't lose hope :)  

• I pretend to be asleep every time DH, DD, or DS1 open the bedroom door in the afternoons/evenings...  Flame away, but it totally works to allow myself some peace and quiet with DS2 while he sleeps on my chest.  

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Mine is that I was afraid for DD to look mostly like her birth dad. Now that she's here and doesn't, I feel better but I know her features will change and she still might. I just think it would be easier for her to look like me. I don't know why I think that, but I do....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagebabyike:
    I pretend to be asleep every time DH, DD, or DS1 open the bedroom door in the afternoons/evenings...  Flame away, but it totally works to allow myself some peace and quiet with DS2 while he sleeps on my chest.  

ha.  no flame here.  i'm just making a mental note to do this when we have a second.  you sound like a wise, wise, woman :)

• Twice this week I've put Elijah in his swing around 10 so I could finally eat dinner. Both times he's fallen asleep there, both times I've fallen asleep on the couch waiting for his next feeding, and both times he's slept through the night. I should feel guilty about letting him sleep there for so long, but those eight hours of sleep tell me otherwise.
  • I'm to the point I hope my OB says, "We really need to induce," because I'm so uncomfortable. Selfish, I know. I'm just ready and not even that far past my EDD. Of course, I don't really want her to induce, I just want to not be pregnant.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • We're still supposed to be waking LO up every three hours at night for feedings. At least until her pedi appt on Tuesday.

But after yeterday's no sleep fiasco, once she finally fell asleep at 830, we let her go for 5 and a half hours before waking her up. It was awesome. I hate waking her up so much at night and I think this time she really needed sleep more than food.

2: I'm trying to figure out how to stack the odds in my favor for her to be sleeping at the time of the Doctor Who season premiere. DH and I have been looking forward to it for ages!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageScout2005:

Mine really is a confession - I snapped at DS last night because he just wouldn't settle down and I was so. effing. tired. He's still up four + times a night (totally normal, I know this) and I finally just said "kid, for the love of God, go the eff to sleep already."

I felt bad right away and gave him lots of kisses, but sigh. I swore I wouldn't lose my cool in the middle of the night this time around, and I only made it four weeks.

Slight improvement, it was three weeks w/ DD and I was in tears begging her to just go to sleep.

I am not at my best in the middle of the night, clearly.

i've done that. no flames from me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageCheerilee:
    I'm to the point I hope my OB says, "We really need to induce," because I'm so uncomfortable. Selfish, I know. I'm just ready and not even that far past my EDD. Of course, I don't really want her to induce, I just want to not be pregnant.

My amniotic fluid was on the low side the whole last month of my pregnancy.  It was always in the 8 range (normal is 10-20), and they always said if it was 5 or less they would induce me, but otherwise it wasn't problematically low (just low enough to keep getting ultrasounds every week to check).  At my 39w5d ultrasound, I definitely told the tech, "I will not be offended AT ALL if you can only find 5 cm of fluid & they have to induce!"  It was still 8, but they induced me the next day anyway & 4.5 hours later DD was here! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageScout2005:

imageCheerilee:
    I'm to the point I hope my OB says, "We really need to induce," because I'm so uncomfortable. Selfish, I know. I'm just ready and not even that far past my EDD. Of course, I don't really want her to induce, I just want to not be pregnant.

You are 40+ weeks. Not selfish at all, and I don't think anyone would give you a side eye if you did talk induction.

Thanks, Scout! 

I had 5 people at breakfast and the carwash before my appointment tell me I looked like I was going to pop and asked when I AM due...  They were surprised when I said I WAS due 3 days ago.   

Ironically, my OB said she really wants to induce me next week.  This time, LO's heart rate stayed steady but she's concerned that her movement is decreasing and that I'm seeing sparkles and my fingers are starting to swell.  I don't have PreE per my urine and BP, but between these changes and the fact that this baby has decided to get huge...  I agreed to Monday.  My OB thinks it's possible they'll cancel on me, though.  I'm REALLY hoping to go natural over the weekend!  She wanted to induce me tonight or tomorrow but the hospital said they didn't have room (darn you blue moon!).  My OB stretched me a little to see if she can get me going naturally.  She took me from a 3.5 to a 4 but wanted to get me to a 5.  I couldn't handle the pain :(

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • imagePaisleyRuth:

imageCheerilee:

My amniotic fluid was on the low side the whole last month of my pregnancy.  It was always in the 8 range (normal is 10-20), and they always said if it was 5 or less they would induce me, but otherwise it wasn't problematically low (just low enough to keep getting ultrasounds every week to check).  At my 39w5d ultrasound, I definitely told the tech, "I will not be offended AT ALL if you can only find 5 cm of fluid & they have to induce!"  It was still 8, but they induced me the next day anyway & 4.5 hours later DD was here! 

My OB would have probably induced me earlier in the week if I'd been even the slightest bit like you were.  I was trying to hold out and give LO all the time she needs so asked to avoid induction at all cost at my Monday appointment.  I'm glad to hear your induction went relatively quickly!  I'm afraid labor will last FOREVER if they induce and I'm going med free for medical reasons.   

• imageCheerilee:
    imagePaisleyRuth:

imageCheerilee:

My OB would have probably induced me earlier in the week if I'd been even the slightest bit like you were.  I was trying to hold out and give LO all the time she needs so asked to avoid induction at all cost at my Monday appointment.  I'm glad to hear your induction went relatively quickly!  I'm afraid labor will last FOREVER if they induce and I'm going med free for medical reasons.   

I was induced and was in labor a short 6 hours!
    SCANDAL!

• imageCheerilee:
    imagePaisleyRuth:

imageCheerilee:

I totally think it should go fast if you are already 4 cm.  I was 3 when I went in.  I was 0 with DS & my induction took 18 hrs though :(

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I knew being mom would mean I would be tired, but I never knew how hard it would actually be.  I am so jealous of everyone who posts about how long their baby sleeps.  I have tried 6 different contraptions for DS to sleep in: crib, PnP, bassinet, swing, co-sleeper, and RnP.  We rock him for 30 minutes and then put him down.  Nothing works except him sleeping on my chest, which I am trying to stop.  We figure DS has a sensitive tummy because like clockwork he cries hysterically about 30 minutes after he eats and will wake up with horrible gas.  We switched to a sensitive formula and just changed from Avent bottles to Dr. Brown's.  Every night I cross my fingers that tonight is the night when what we changed is key to helping him and DH and I sleep. 

I hate when people say "You look tired."  Well duh!  I have a newborn.   I find it offenseive when people tell me I look good for just having a baby ... so are you saying I had not just had a baby I would look like crap?  I think I look great (minus the huge bags under my eyes).  I gained 37 lbs, lost 27 and I think the bulk of the last 10 are in my chest and hips.  My stomach is almost as flat as pre-pregnancy. 

Sorry so long ... sleep deprivation has made me crabby.

• imageManda-Kay:

I knew being mom would mean I would be tired, but I never knew how hard it would actually be.  I am so jealous of everyone who posts about how long their baby sleeps.  I have tried 6 different contraptions for DS to sleep in: crib, PnP, bassinet, swing, co-sleeper, and RnP.  We rock him for 30 minutes and then put him down.  Nothing works except him sleeping on my chest, which I am trying to stop.  We figure DS has a sensitive tummy because like clockwork he cries hysterically about 30 minutes after he eats and will wake up with horrible gas.  We switched to a sensitive formula and just changed from Avent bottles to Dr. Brown's.  Every night I cross my fingers that tonight is the night when what we changed is key to helping him and DH and I sleep. 

I'm with you Manda about lack of sleep and a fussy baby.  I also can't help wondering if some people may be exaggerating how well their newborn sleeps if you KWIM.  

So far I don't think my LO is especially attractive. I think she will be one she gains some weight, fills out and stops fussing 2/7 but right now she is has yet to grow into her looks. 

TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageMrs. Rohde:
    imageScout2005:

Mine really is a confession - I snapped at DS last night because he just wouldn't settle down and I was so. effing. tired. He's still up four + times a night (totally normal, I know this) and I finally just said "kid, for the love of God, go the eff to sleep already."

I felt bad right away and gave him lots of kisses, but sigh. I swore I wouldn't lose my cool in the middle of the night this time around, and I only made it four weeks.

Slight improvement, it was three weeks w/ DD and I was in tears begging her to just go to sleep.

I am not at my best in the middle of the night, clearly.

i've done that. no flames from me.

Me too. I felt super bad right after and also gave him lots of kisses and snuggles but man sometimes I just wish he would sleep. Oi..
  • We had new carpeting installed last week, and we still have some stuff in the (attached) garage that needs to be moved back inside and put away.  DH's school year started on Wednesday, so I've been home alone with DS during the day but haven't brought anything inside.

I haven't written any "Thank you" cards for the gifts that people brought to the hospital when DS was born, and he's already a month old.

I didn't send my half-sister a birth announcement because she moved to NC after she got married in May and hasn't sent a "Thank you" card with her new address.  (She defriended me on Facebook right after her wedding, so I'm using that as my excuse for not contacting her to get her new address.  I think she felt that I should have spent more money on her wedding presents.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"