Food Allergy
Options

Recipes for dairy allergy

DD is allergic to dairy.  Does anyone have any good recipes for meals.  We are really struggling with coming up with a variety of dairy free meal options for her.  

Thanks in advance. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image

Re: Recipes for dairy allergy

• Options

https://www.godairyfree.org

also if you are on pinterest, there are tons of recipes 

• Options
    I look up vegan stuff or just do meat and veggie type recipes. Often I sub coconut milk for regular also. Pretty much the only dishes I find problematic are ones with cheese. Anything else is do able.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Rice milk is an easy substitute in most receipies and will not change the taste like coconut or almond milk would. Also Daiya brand cheese is dairy and soy fee and melts well for mac n cheese or cheese dishes.

Check out vegan recipies on line or google dairy free "blank" receipe. You will find a lot.  Cherrybrook kitchen.com has pancake mixes and bake goods, etc also, Enjoy life.com has allergy free products.

Good luck!

• Options
    DD2 is MSPI. I like https://www.mspimama.com/ for recipes. Just click on the recipe index. She also has a link to her pinterst account which has dairy & soy free recipes broken down by category. Very helpful!
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemylittlesunshine:
    DD2 is MSPI. I like https://www.mspimama.com/ for recipes. Just click on the recipe index. She also has a link to her pinterst account which has dairy & soy free recipes broken down by category. Very helpful!

Ditto.  This website has amazing to use over the last 4 months.  Great recipes and lots of variety. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you all so much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • Options

I've basically tried to cook less with dairy rather than sub dary free products in recipies.  It's not so terrible, if anything DH and I are eating healthier since we are cutting out cheese and butter.  

Here are some subs I commonly use: coconut oil, olive oil, or earth balance for butter.  

Crushed ritz crackers, panko, or homemade bread crumbs.  Most other brands/types have dairy.  

Better than bouillon chicken bouillon (organic-regular one still has dairy) to make broth for soups and recipes,  almost all other brands contain whey.  We found this out after a scary reaction from risotto.  

For baking, a lot of times water can be used for milk with not much difference.  Coconut oil works really well in baked goods.  FYI most Duncan Hines cake mixes are dairy free too.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Also, I've found that once you start reading labels you will get to know which brands you can use, and it gets easier.  The processed/convenience type foods are problematic so if you are able to cook ahead and freeze things so that you have some quick meal options that is helpful.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"