May 2013 Moms

Trip back home

So I'm flying back home to see family and friends for the long weekend, and it is going to be SO hard not to tell people when I see them in person, especially my mom. I tell her almost everything! I'm going to have to do some maneuvering so people don't guess...I have a wine loving family and beer loving friends, so we'll see how that goes! Any tips for avoiding alcohol consumption without tipping people off?

Wish me luck keeping my lips sealed :) I haven't seen everyone since Christmas, so it's long overdue!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Trip back home

• Have a great trip!!  My newly pregnant friend had a happy hour with work colleagues last week, and she discreetly told the bartender who then hooked her up with "sneaky" nonalcoholic drinks for the rest of the evening.  Good luck!
  • I agree with PPs, you could also just carry around a glass of wine without drinking any, people will probably just assume that you are drinking it. Hope you have a great trip!

PS, I don't know if you saw my reply to you in the GTKY thread, but I was born in Athens:)!

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've noticed that Acai Vitamin Water in a glass looks identical to White Zinfindel!

=0)

• duplicate post wouldn't let me delete
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Here are my favorite tricks:
    Carry around a drink but don't drink it
    if you're drinking beer in a bottle, dump it out and fill it with water
    Club soda with lime have them make it in a short glass looks just like a vodka soda, gin and tonic, etc.
    offer to be the designated driver
    tell people you are hung over from last night and can't stomach the thought of alcohol
    tell people you're on medication and can't drink with it

The last two are my least favorite since I hate to lie, but desperate times call from desperate measures! Good luck! I am never one to turn down a drink so if I did, I might as well put a flashing "I'm pregnant" sign on my forehead.

ETA: I hate that the mobile version of the bump removes parentheses and dashes. Sorry if my post looks incoherent and rambly!
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • imageAshasaurusRex:

I agree with PPs, you could also just carry around a glass of wine without drinking any, people will probably just assume that you are drinking it. Hope you have a great trip!

PS, I don't know if you saw my reply to you in the GTKY thread, but I was born in Athens:)!

I didn't see your reply before! That's awesome you're from Athens!! I love that town, I was so sad to leave! What part of town did you live in? I went to high school out in Oconee and lived downtown when I was at UGA :) 

• Thanks for all the feedback ladies! I'll definitely have to use many, if not all of these tricks while I'm here! I wasn't home for 5 minutes when my dad suggested we break out the champagne....at noon. I plead the fifth!

• imageLizzyG11:
    imageAshasaurusRex:

I agree with PPs, you could also just carry around a glass of wine without drinking any, people will probably just assume that you are drinking it. Hope you have a great trip!

I didn't see your reply before! That's awesome you're from Athens!! I love that town, I was so sad to leave! What part of town did you live in? I went to high school out in Oconee and lived downtown when I was at UGA :) 

I'm actually not really sure what part of town we were in. We moved to Atlanta when I was 2 or 3 (my Dad went to Georgia Tech), then moved to DFW when I was almost 6:).

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • imageAshasaurusRex:
    imageLizzyG11:
    imageAshasaurusRex:

I'm actually not really sure what part of town we were in. We moved to Atlanta when I was 2 or 3 (my Dad went to Georgia Tech), then moved to DFW when I was almost 6:).

Oh ok! Lots of my friends went to Tech, and lots of them still live in ATL! Are you still in Texas? We're down in Houston and I cannot WAIT for this heat to break!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"