December 2012 Moms
Options

seriously gross TMI and embarrassing (long)

So it's midnight, I'm not expecting answers now, but I can't sleep (thanks heartburn) and I just noticed it. 

I've had discharge since the beginning of 2nd tri, nothing unusual though. Mild smells, clear/white in color. I wear panty liners most days, so maybe this has been going on longer than I thought. But today I didn't have any of my comfy underwear clean so I put on a thong and roughed it with out a liner, and I don't like this pair, so a little spot of discharge wasn't going to bother me...until I noticed something else. A little below where my discharge always is (its above where I thought it would be, but its always in the same spot so whatever) has been wet all day. And not like wet from sweat or anything, because I was inside just doing laundry and cleaning around the house most of the day. I noticed it earlier but figured it would go away and it was maybe just extra discharge. But my discharge always dries, and this hadn't. So being the detective I am...I smelled it. STRAIGHT AMMONIA. Like I felt like I was smelling cat piss. And I know even human urine has ammonia in it, but I'm not dehydrated and my pee is clear. And this was strong! I guess not too strong since I had to put my nose close to it to smell is, but definitely wasn't a normal pee smell. Google just scared me more, because a few sites said it could be a sign of Gestational Diabetes

Now I'm worried, and have heartburn. Not my favorite combo for before sleep. So anyone of you ladies had this happen? 

And if you read this and haven't I'm sorry for the images.

the doctor will be called in the morning! 

Re: seriously gross TMI and embarrassing (long)

• Options
    It's probably just built up pee over the course of the day. I pee the smallest amount like every time I do anything really. Like bending over, it makes me pee a little. More than likely you are leaking some pee and not feeling it. That pee smell gets really strong after a while. I also have found that it your panties aren't cotton they also will make it smell worse. Calm down, your probably just fine and do not have GD. Just talk to your doc next time if it happens again.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageNana_Osaki06:
    It's probably just built up pee over the course of the day. I pee the smallest amount like every time I do anything really. Like bending over, it makes me pee a little. More than likely you are leaking some pee and not feeling it. That pee smell gets really strong after a while. I also have found that it your panties aren't cotton they also will make it smell worse. Calm down, your probably just fine and do not have GD. Just talk to your doc next time if it happens again.

Ditto.  Every now and then, maybe once a week or so, I'll have some pee spots on my undies that I won't have necessarily felt happen, almost like I missed a couple of drops when I wiped or something.  Honestly, I can't say I'm surprised when I'm peeing every 15 min anyway.  And yeah, after a long day, I'll definitely be able to get a whiff of ammonia if I feel so inclined.  I'd be concerned if it were painful, but since it's not, I'm sure it's fine.     

• Loading the player...
  • Options

This is happening to me too.  I've just started wearing liners and they help a ton!  I was told by a couple of my friends who have had babies that this happened to them too, so I'm not worried.

They also sell liners meant for thongs, incase you ever have to wear a thong again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Had it with DS and now with LO as well. It's just leaky pee. Keep wearing a panty liner and steer clear of thongs. Make sure you change the liner a couple times so you don't get irritation. With all the relaxin, pressure on your bladder, baby sitting on/kicking bladder, it's going to happen. DON'T GOOGLE! You will scare yourself silly. Mine gets really bad some days. It is way worse with this pregnancy. After DS I had to wear a liner every day anyway, 4th degree tear makes it so you have to from that moment on. But it's pretty icky now. If you do get irritation from it just use some vagisil (sp).

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Well I'm having the exact same thing with the discharge and smell.   I've been on antiboitics because I've been miserably sick so i thought maybe I got a yeast infection or something like that?  I'd be interested to hear what your Dr says... I'm going to call mine on Tuesday.
    pregnancy due date BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"