Babies on the Brain

Re: (Untitled)

• I'm in the same exact situation and it sucks. I've been married for almost 2 years now and everyone around me is getting pregnant and having multiple babies and I haven't had one yet. 

Its so frustrating and overwhelming. I cry over it many nights because I'm so ready and he's not. Its hard waiting. My DH set a date to start trying this November then he changed it to next year. Then he changed it to lets buy a house then think about babies. So its so frustrating when he keeps putting it off. Its not fair either. Why is he the final say so. he's making me wait when I dont want to.

and getting a hobby isn't going to help. It consumes your mind when you're ready. It sucks. I'm starting to resent my husband 

• Just b/c he isn't ready now, doesn't mean he won't ever be.   You have been married a year.  A year.  That really isn't that long.

Get yourself a hobby, plan a trip, re-decorate a room or many rooms in your house and save some money.

Tell DH that you are willing to shelf the conversation, but that you reserve the right to bring it back up in 6 months or so. 

And just be patient. 

DH and I were married 5 years before we had LO.  I know others that have been married longer,  It will happen when it happens and until then you just need to be patient.

Oh, and to whomever went on the rant about marriage is for babies and the Catholic church says blah blah blah.   He didn't say he never wanted kids, he just said he wasn't ready right now.  Take a chill pill

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagekaseykins:

I'm in the same exact situation and it sucks. I've been married for almost 2 years now and everyone around me is getting pregnant and having multiple babies and I haven't had one yet. 

Its so frustrating and overwhelming. I cry over it many nights because I'm so ready and he's not. Its hard waiting. My DH set a date to start trying this November then he changed it to next year. Then he changed it to lets buy a house then think about babies. So its so frustrating when he keeps putting it off. Its not fair either. Why is he the final say so. he's making me wait when I dont want to.

and getting a hobby isn't going to help. It consumes your mind when you're ready. It sucks. I'm starting to resent my husband 

Ok, first off, YOU definitely sound like Veruica Salt.

"wahhh, he's making me do something and I don't wanna, wahhhh" Instead of throwing a temper tantrum why don't you actually have a real conversation with your husband? I just picture a lot of crying, foot stomping, and shouting from you when he says he isn't ready yet. Maybe you should speak to your husband so you can get rid of some of these resentment issues and find out if it's really the house thing or if it's something else going on.

You cry most nights? Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I understand being down but this is why you need to have that conversation with your husband and hopefully in an adult manner you attempt to compromise with him. Let him know (without breaking down) how this is affecting you. 

Other than that, I have babies on the brain. I'm ready and TTC is consuming my thoughts. I still have hobbies and things that I like to do. It's healthy and therapeutic to have a hobby.I can go long stretches of time where the words baby, ttc, pregnancy and etc do not escape my lips every few minutes like a severe case of verbal diarrhea.

What is going to happen if you get the go ahead to start TTC and you don't get pregnant right away? It can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant. You're already driving yourself crazy and you aren't even TTC yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in your situation. We've been married almost 4 years, both of us have decent jobs and recently bought a house. The biggest difference is he just landed his job not long ago, so he wants to be "stable" in his career before having a kid. My argument is life is always uncertain and you are never completely 110 percent ready to have a kid, why don't we just stop my pill and see what happens? Most likely you've been in a few fights over it like we have. I don't want to "trick" mine into parenthood either so my advice is to hold off bringing it up for a while. I'm trying to enjoy life as just the two of us, ie eating at nice restaurants, road trips, and SLEEP! I'm only 27 so I figure I have time. But I know how you feel, just try enjoying each other for now :
  • imageMsCraftsy:
    imagekaseykins:

I'm in the same exact situation and it sucks. I've been married for almost 2 years now and everyone around me is getting pregnant and having multiple babies and I haven't had one yet. 

"wahhh, he's making me do something and I don't wanna, wahhhh" Instead of throwing a temper tantrum why don't you actually have a real conversation with your husband? I just picture a lot of crying, foot stomping, and shouting from you when he says he isn't ready yet. Maybe you should speak to your husband so you can get rid of some of these resentment issues and find out if it's really the house thing or if it's something else going on.

You cry most nights? Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I understand being down but this is why you need to have that conversation with your husband and hopefully in an adult manner you attempt to compromise with him. Let him know (without breaking down) how this is affecting you. 

Other than that, I have babies on the brain. I'm ready and TTC is consuming my thoughts. I still have hobbies and things that I like to do. It's healthy and therapeutic to have a hobby.I can go long stretches of time where the words baby, ttc, pregnancy and etc do not escape my lips every few minutes like a severe case of verbal diarrhea.

What is going to happen if you get the go ahead to start TTC and you don't get pregnant right away? It can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant. You're already driving yourself crazy and you aren't even TTC yet.

Cool Story Bro, tell it again 

• imagekaseykins:

Cool Story Bro, tell it again 

Since you asked....

The thought still stands. You sound like a whiny brat. Have a rational and calm conversation with your husband and see what is up with him pushing it off. Don't make this all about "YoOOOOoUuUU". Maybe the thought of not having a house makes him feel like he'll be a bad provider to his children. It's not unfathomable as many people have this fear and use it in future planning and goal setting.

I 100% stick by my original post: Find a hobby. Yes, TTC is thought consuming but either you find a way to deal with it or you keep driving yourself crazy and continue to keep resenting your husband for wanting to wait. Your choice, your marriage. Keep driving yourself BSC when you have the ability to help negate some of the resentment you are feeling towards him by keeping yourself occupied.

Then again, I guess it's easier to sit and b!tch about something then it is to actually do something about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"