October 2012 Moms

Almost 35 weeks- what do your movements feel like?

Over the past week, my baby's movements have changed a lot.  I still feel him shifting around, but they're kind of more subtle.  Like an arm sweeping across or a small shift in position. I know that he's running out of room in there, but just wondering if this is what others are feeling too?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Almost 35 weeks- what do your movements feel like?

• I've heard that's to be expecting since baby is running out of room. Mine are like the feelings you described or I feel her entire body shift.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm a week behind you - almost 34w - but she's already starting to do more rolls and twists than actual kicks.  The stretches are what kill me. LOL  She'll shove her head into my bladder, and her giant feet into my lungs.  I don't know whether to sit there and try to breathe or make a mad dash to the bathroom so I don't wet myself. ;)

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Over the past week mine have really changed too. She was moving like crazy but now it's a slow stretching movement and not as often. To be honest I still feel nervous about it, I like when she moved a lot. I can still get all my kick counts though so I guess it's normal.
  • Yeah, I'm 34 weeks 5 days and having the same kind of shifting movements rather than jabs and kicks now.  I love just watching my belly move around when I'm sitting on the couch or lying in bed. Something will move from one side to the other and I wonder if it is an elbow or a knee or whatnot.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I will be 36 weeks on sunday  and I miss the days of the random jabs as now i'm onto the days of dragging hands across my bladder and punching feet into my ribs. She doesn't move as much anymore but when she does they are draggy movements and slow twists/turns.

Almost there!!! 

• She's pretty active still.   Maybe even more at times!  I feel and see giant shifts of her body.  I can usually always feel some limb of hers though nothing that I could tell what it is.
  • Im 34w/4d and my movements just started to slow done at about 33w. It worries me a lot because he was always rolling and stretching now I barely feel him. I get little stretches and maybe one roll a day. I call the doctor and they tell me its normal! So I try to just keep calm. Yes, I am that woman that calls he doctor twice a week because she is freaking out! lol

• I'm 33 weeks and already getting the dragging and rolling movements instead of jabs. Same thing happened with my last pregnancy. Last time near the end the only thing she could move was her knee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At my birthing class last night the instructor actually said this could be due in part to fluid levels dropping in the sac. She basically said baby is taking up more space and the uterus is tighter against baby making it harder for baby to get the full extension needed for a punch or kick.
  • 35 weeks today and it's more like watching waves across my belly. Sometimes I see her push her way over to the right side of my belly and sort of nest over there, but otherwise no kicking or punching, just rolling around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My baby's movements have definitely become more subtle over the past week or so. It's very apparent that she has less room to make a lot of ruckus. So I feel lots of stretching, and limbs poking out on the occasion. 
  • My baby's movements have also slowed down quite a bit.  The only time i feel anything super regular is when the baby has hiccups or something.  The same thing happened with my first two around this time. 

• imagemrs.ike:
    I'm a week behind you - almost 34w - but she's already starting to do more rolls and twists than actual kicks.  The stretches are what kill me. LOL  She'll shove her head into my bladder, and her giant feet into my lungs.  I don't know whether to sit there and try to breathe or make a mad dash to the bathroom so I don't wet myself. ;)

I'm about a week ahead of you, but this!  My baby practices stretching way too much!

• imagemrs.ike:
    I'm a week behind you - almost 34w - but she's already starting to do more rolls and twists than actual kicks.  The stretches are what kill me. LOL  She'll shove her head into my bladder, and her giant feet into my lungs.  I don't know whether to sit there and try to breathe or make a mad dash to the bathroom so I don't wet myself. ;)

I'm about a week ahead of you, but this!  My baby practices stretching way too much!

• I have heard that baby would be running out of room, and that I would be experiencing decreased movements. But honestly, I don't know what the deal is because my LO's movements are more intense than ever thus far. I made the comment the other night to someone that it feels as though LO is doing push ups and leg lifts in there. I am told I am having quite a big baby, and don't think I can stretch to fit anymore lol Idk what the deal is.
  • Also I will be 36 weeks this Tuesday. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"