December 2010 Moms

Our first allergic reaction

DS had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin today, and it sucked. He's been on it for about a week, so I thought we were in the clear. Nope! I noticed some little bumps on his arms and legs. Something told me to call and get him an appointment. By the time we got to the doctor, he had head to toe hives. Poor little guy. He should be fine with the help of some benadryl, but he is so itchy and sad right now. I'm just so glad I called when I did. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if he had taken his dose tonight.
imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Our first allergic reaction

• I'm glad he is ok.

I'm kinda surprised they use penicillin for so many things when it seems like so many people are allergic to it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Wow! So glad he's ok.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry!  Sad  I have the same allergy so I know how it feels.  I had the medicine quite a few times when I was little and had a major, sudden reaction when I was 17. We had no hint about what was going on and my hands and feet became so swollen they were basically just clubs (I couldn't walk or do anything with my hands).  Kuddos to you for recognizing quickly what was going on and getting him the help he needed right away.  Hope he's feeling better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How scary for you and how yucky for your little guy. Sorry to hear of it.

Hang in there!

• kj07kj07 member

imagelrn327:
    I'm so sorry!  Sad  I have the same allergy so I know how it feels.  I had the medicine quite a few times when I was little and had a major, sudden reaction when I was 17. We had no hint about what was going on and my hands and feet became so swollen they were basically just clubs (I couldn't walk or do anything with my hands).  Kuddos to you for recognizing quickly what was going on and getting him the help he needed right away.  Hope he's feeling better soon!

I was the same way.  Fine as a kid and then one time in college I had a major hive reaction.  

It sucks, I'm glad you caught it before the next dose.  I hope he feels better soon Tabby!

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • ugh, sorry! good call going with your gut!

image   image

• My goodness thats scary. Glad LO is ok now though.
  • Aww, that's scary!  I'm glad you followed your gut.  I hope your DS feels better soon.  I'm allergic to amoxicillin too and puffed up like crazy when I took it when I was younger.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"