November 2012 Moms
Options

XP - Pumps - stm advice wanted

So maybe it's because I get antsy spending a lot of money on something.  And this is all new to me.  But I've decided to go with the Medela Freestyle Double Electric Pump, it's pricey but I've had a couple people recommend it.  I know not to open it if I plan on returning it, but was hoping maybe I could hear from any STM's that have this pump and can make a girl feel better about spending the money haha.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: XP - Pumps - stm advice wanted

• Options
    No real advice but I did want to ask if you double checked with your insurance company to see if they cover the cost of a pump.  I know a few people have posted mixed results. Sorry if you have already done this, I can't keep up lately.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used a medela pump in style with my DS.  It was a hand-me-down from a family member who used it for a year before I got it.  I never had any issues with the pump and medela was more than helpful when I called with questions on a few occasions.  I would love to have a Freestyle but it just isn't in the budget this time.  I did get a new pump in style advanced though.   Everyone on my previous birth month board had great reviews for Medela products as well.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a Freestyle- and LOVE IT! Its worth every single penny spent IMO... I love the fact that I can get things done (dishes, vacuuming, putting clothes away-) while pumping- I actually pump while driving quite often, which is SO nice. (Just wear a large hoodie, or coat) I also love how small it is

Im very happy with the Freestyle, I hope you enjoy it as well

P.S. Medela has EXCELLENT customer service 

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Options
    I'm so torn between the PISA and the freestyle. The reviews for the freestyle on amazon are horrible. My fear is I buy it for convenience and then have the suction issues that a lot of reviewers talk about.  I am determined to BF for at least 6 months so I just want to make sure my supply is ok. I was leaning towards the PISA with metro bag so at least the pump was removable. What do you all think?
    party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker (formerly TTGP poster abfromva)
  • Options
    So worth it. And yes, it's expensive, but so is formula. Not having a good pump ends breastfeeding for a lot of people.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageabfromva2:
    I'm so torn between the PISA and the freestyle. The reviews for the freestyle on amazon are horrible. My fear is I buy it for convenience and then have the suction issues that a lot of reviewers talk about.  I am determined to BF for at least 6 months so I just want to make sure my supply is ok. I was leaning towards the PISA with metro bag so at least the pump was removable. What do you all think?

Personally- I have never had an issue with the suction on my Freestyle, and I have never used a PISA, so Im not much of a help- Sorry!

I think either way you'll be good, just depends on if you wanted it hands free or not. Even if you do decided you'd like to try it hands-free, many women rig their pumps to be hands-free using a tight sports bra and cutting a slit in it... so you could always go that route if you wanted I guess 

imagefinhope11:
    So worth it. And yes, it's expensive, but so is formula. Not having a good pump ends breastfeeding for a lot of people. 

THIS!

I almost stopped BFing/Pumping around 2 months because I was using a friends pump, which was slowly dying (and my supply was dipping). So I went to the store to buy a tub of formula- and made my decision right there. I went out and bought a Freestyle instead... With some hard work, I was able to bring my supply back up and EP until DD was about 8 months. I also factored in that we would be having more children, so that helped me feel better about spending the $$. Well worth it IMO.

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"