December 2012 Moms

are you exercizing?

I was about 3-4 weeks into a tough workout series when I found out I was pregnant so I scaled it WAY down. Then I had morning sickness all day, every day, for 16 weeks and needless to say I didn't really do much.

I have two prenatal workout DVD's, one is a yoga but I have NO desire to do them. Is anyone working out, stretching, walking, yoga, something?

I need help. My arms feel freakin flabby as *** and my thighs are pissing me off. Anyone want to help me plan a reasonable workout that will help me with this? I'm one of those people that needs a scheduled plan otherwise I won't stick to it. And normally I just google a new workout plan but starting later in pregnancy is hard to google lol. I also need to stretch more.

Anyone want to share their regimen?  Or help me make my own? Friday's are my "Monday" and it's my longest day of the week.

Thanks Big Smile

Lilypie Maternity tickers
DD#1 December '12
DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
Married 07/09

Re: are you exercizing?

• I was doing ww and working out a ton when I got my bfp. I was SO sick from weeks 6-19 that I did nothing, now I am too sore and tired and just ugh. So no. It's terrible, I know. I do walk my son to school a few times a week.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • I dont run anymore, but I do light weights and ellecptical or bike 3 days a week, and I am very active at work.  I am a carpenter in the Air Force.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I walk for about 45 minutes 5 or 6 times a week and I do light weights a couple times a week, just to keep a little tone.  I used to be pretty hard core and I did a lot of running or P90x before I got pregnant, but first Tri kicked my butt.  I was lucky to walk the dog for 20 minutes a couple times a week at that point.   

How about walking or swimming?  Both are pretty low impact and relaxing, at least for me.

• Swimming. It's such a great workout, and you can start pretty much at any point in your pregnancy. I did water aerobics with a friend til she quit on me, and I really don't wanna go back by myself. :( HOWEVER, it was wonderful. Also, DH and I were going swimming every other night for about an hour and I'd do 15 minutes of stretching, 30 minutes of treading water, and then another 15 of stretching. Good luck! :)
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Sundays- Jog/walk/bike 20 minutes plus squats/lunges/calf raises.

Mondays-40 minutes of yoga

Tuesdays- off

Wednesdays- 30 minutes yoga

Thursdays- jog/walk/bike 20 minutes plus various arm routines(we have access to a weight machine)

Fridays- off

Saturdays- Hour of yoga. 

Some weeks I don't do so well, but overall I feel like I do okay. Especially considering how exhausted I am at the end of a lot of days. I also bounce of one of those giant exercise balls while I'm watching tv at night, which feels great on the lower back.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I WAS doing yoga and pilates. Then summer vacation hit, and I took a hiatus because it's hard to be zen when kids are staring/questioning/climbing on you.

That said, I have been walking a lot, chasing a gaggle of children around, and swimming. So I've been getting some exercise.

4 days until I start up my old routine again!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• When I got pregnant I was doing Insanity. I was on a run one day in my 1st tri and passed out, soooo we take it easy and go on walks at night now together. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was doing yoga on Monday or Wednesday or both. School just started back and I get home about 45 mins before classes and am either too tired or hungry. Hopefully I'll get back soon!
  • I try to walk for an hour every lunch break and then I will do a video once or twice a week as well. Plus I take a weekly prenatal yoga class that is an hour.
  • I'm still running 3ish times per week.  I'm registered for a 5k in mid-September and hoping to maybe do one more after that before giving up the running.  I've never been a super long distance runner... The 3-3.5 mile run seems to suit me.  Definitely harder pregnant, but I've gained 10 pounds less in this pregnancy (at this point) than I had with #1, so it seems to be paying off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I walk "briskly" (sweating & huffing & puffing as baby gets bigger & I'm more hormonal)  for 30- 45 min 5 days a week. And I swim an hour about 2-3 days a week - wish I could swap that schedule. The swimming is refreshing, relaxing, reduces my hip pain & tiring but I don't feel like I slugged through a swamp when I'm done.
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I walk. I take a bus from near my home to downtown area. It drops me off about a 10 minute walk from my work. Then at lunch I walk around the downtown area a little more and then will walk to the bus stop at night. Then sometimes DH and I will walk at the park in the evening. I know it's not much, but it has kept my calves looking extremely muscular and keeping me from not gaining too much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I really have no motivation either.  Right now when I get off the train I walk 12mins to work and then back to the train to go home.  But yesterday I broke down and called my gym to set up an appt to set up training sessions with someone that's educated in pregnancy exercise.  If I have to pay to meet someone I won't skip or cancel, plus it will reassure me that I'm not doing anything dangerous.
  • Walking, thats about all I can do right now, I try to walk everyday
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sunday: elliptical 45 minutes (interval program), stretch and arms 15 mins

Monday: elliptical 45 minutes (interval program), stretch and legs 15 mins

Tuesday: I coach cheerleading and I aim for 60 push ups, 1 mile jog and lunges/squats/wall-sits

Wednesday: see Sunday

Thursday: spinning class 60 minutes, stretch afterwards

Friday: game day, take a rest day

Saturday: see Monday

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• I've been just awful with this. I was on a very strict diet before I got pregnant and very active. I dropped the diet when I found out we were expecting and then dropped the excercise at week 6 because I was too sick to function.

By the time I came out of the worst of the sickness several weeks later (around week 17) I was already pretty slow moving with the twins feeling like weights. Still, we did as much walking as we could, usually at night because it's been such a hot flipping summer. Just this week though I hit a wall with the night walks - by the time I get home from work I'm pretty beat. We tried walking in the morning before work today though and it went MUCH better. We'll stick with that I think until I get too huge to trudge up and down the hill we live on.

Good luck with your workout plans! I hope they go better than mine! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow!! Thank you all for the responses! I'm sorry I posted last night and then fell asleep for a short bit and forgot to check my post :
    This helps a lot. I think I'll take a little of all the schedules posted and make one that matches my days off. It helps me to have something set.
    I'm also happy sorry to see I'm not the only one struggling with motivation. You'd think creating another life would be motivation enough but so far it's been more motivation for me to nap and eat sugar lol
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"