July 2012 Moms

IUD insertion..

Hi ladies! I'm a July momma who has been lurking in the shadows since the day I found out I was pregnant :/ while I know many of you, you don't know me very well... Creepy, right?

I have a 8 week old son, Adler, born on July 5th. I am having an IUD put in, but was told to take cytotecmisoprostol before the insertion. Since LO is BF this concerned me, but the nurse said it was ok. I just read the meds could be passed through the milk and may cause diarrhea. Eek. Commence freaking out.

Have any of you taken this while BFing? Just looking to hear your experiences/ advice.

edit: bump mobile hates parentheses?

Re: IUD insertion..

• I just had one inserted the other day. I didnt have to do anything. Im BF so Im not getting a period. It was a simple office visit. I had a little cramping as he was inserting it and some cramping that evening but nothing major, no biggie. Good luck!
  • imagePaMommy02:
    I just had one inserted the other day. I didnt have to do anything. Im BF so Im not getting a period. It was a simple office visit. I had a little cramping as he was inserting it and some cramping that evening but nothing major, no biggie. Good luck!

this is exactly me (had mirena inserted yesterday), but i did take 2 ibuprofin beforehand.  

• Loading the player...
  • I had one inserted yesterday and didn't have to take anything either. Right more just some minor spotting and that's it. Which one are you getting? Maybe that's what it depends on, I got the copper one, I think it's patanol?

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagecpasley:
    I had one inserted yesterday and didn't have to take anything either. Right more just some minor spotting and that's it. Which one are you getting? Maybe that's what it depends on, I got the copper one, I think it's patanol?

I'm getting the copper. I had a csection so the meds are supposed to open my cervix a bit.
  • imagegenkidesu:

imagePaMommy02:
    I just had one inserted the other day. I didnt have to do anything. Im BF so Im not getting a period. It was a simple office visit. I had a little cramping as he was inserting it and some cramping that evening but nothing major, no biggie. Good luck!

this is exactly me (had mirena inserted yesterday), but i did take 2 ibuprofin beforehand.  

I'm EBF and had Mirena inserted last Wednesday; period started Sunday.

The insertion wasn't painful, but the cramps that followed required ibuprofen. I didn't have to take anything beforehand.

• I'm EBF and had Mirena inserted today. I had it before TTC and loved it. It wasn't terrible having it inserted last time, but just uncomfortable. I barely felt it this time and didn't take anything before. I've been a bit crampy since then so I took some ibuprofen which has helped.

Married 7.12.08 | Our first blessing arrived 7.19.12 | #1's BFP Chart  
    Expecting our second little blessing 1.6.15 | #2's BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"