Orange County Babies

Maternity Leave Laws in California?

Anyone know? Can you do SDI for 6-8 weeks, and then PFL for 6 more?

Re: Maternity Leave Laws in California?

• Here is what I was told. You can do SDI for 6 or 8 (based on normal or C section), then 6 weeks of PFL. After SDI you can take CFRA which gives you 12 weeks - out of this 6 weeks are paid through PFL and the next 6 weeks are unpaid. So that makes it a total of 18 weeks you can take off. Maybe someone on this forum can confirm I have it right?

• Yes, if you qualify you get 6 weeks postpartum (8 if c section) for SDI and 6 more for PFL. You may also qualify for 4 weeks pre-birth SDI as well. There are two different layers. One layer is the job protection (without pay) and the other is the state-run supplemental payment. It depends on the size of your employer, how long you have been with them, etc.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You need to check with your HR department. I work for a small company and only qualify for 6 weeks because we do not meet minimum employees for state or Federal Family Leave. Luckily for the last two months although on bedrest, my employer chose to leave me off disability, pay my insurance and let me work from home. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"