Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Chromosomal Testing after D & C?

I will keep this post short and get right to it: I had my D&C on Monday.  My doctor said they were going to test the fetal tissue for chromosomal issues.  I assume this is standard, as it was my first miscarriage (there previously was a hb and I found out I miscarried at 9w4d, don't know if that makes a difference).  Anyway, my question is, has anyone had this done and what was your experience?  I'm wondering what kinds of results there could be and what they might indicate, if anything.  TIA!

Re: Chromosomal Testing after D & C?

• Options

Yes, I just got my results from our testing last week. They will tell you if their were any chromosomal abnormalities, like more than 46 chromosomes, etc. They should also be able to tell you the sex of the baby. It took about a month for me to get my results.

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • Options

I was told that for a first m/c there would not be chromosomal testing (my baby also had a HB before the mm/c).  The rationale was that it's so common to m/c during the first tri and usually what is found is a chromosomal abnormality (such as trisomy) which is a random event for which nothing can be done to prevent and generally is not repeated in future pregnancies.  It's also very expensive and I don't think insurance generally covers.  Thus, my doctor said they generally won't do in-depth testing until 3rd m/c.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had this done and was told that everything appeared normal -no chromosomal abnormality.  While I was somewhat relieved, I still have no defined answer as to why my baby's heart stopped beating.  =/  I unfortunately don't have any advice as to other results that may be found as my doctor didn't share this information with me- I assume because the results came back normal. Luck to you.
    Ectopic Pregnancy * December 2008 Miscarriage/D&C * June 29, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"