Minnesota Babies

(Untitled)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (Untitled)

• I went to their orientation session a few weeks ago and was very impressed. The atmosphere is calm and welcoming, and their policies are all really mom- and baby-friendly (someone asked whether women have to deliver in bed or in a certain location, and the midwife said, "Oh, we pretty much follow you around wherever you feel like pushing and just catch!"). You go home faster than in a hospital, their intervention rate is so much lower, and overall it just seemed like a really, really great place to have a normal labor and delivery. 

Unfortunately, I am high-risk for pre-term labor this time around, and am not a good candidate. I will check them out again with a future pregnancy if I'm not classified as high-risk then. I would encourage you to go to one of their information events!

• Thanks so much for the info! I called them this week and they were really nice, welcoming and informative. I will be going to an orientation session.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a little late to respond.

Woodwinds is a wonderful facility. I saw midwives affiliated with Woodwinds during prenatal, and was attended only by midwives during L&D at Woodwinds. I highly recommend it. It's one of the few places in the Cities area that offer water birth. Also, I felt a peace of mind knowing that there were "western medical options" just-in-case. 

"Fvuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - Bette Midler Boom Shaka Laka Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"